• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Exam Support Thread

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I hope no one minds me starting this thread :)

So, this is the time of year when I know atleast all the year 11s of the land (I don't know about what you guys are doing in other lands :blush:) are panic(k?)ing and having nervous breakdowns. Well, everyone I know is :D

I have (I think) 16 GCSE exams over the next 2 or 3 months, the first is art next week (10 hours :shock:) and I am in no way prepared for it. I also have lots of coursework due in that I haven't done and I'm meant to be revising as well- and I know I'm not the only one!

So, who else out there has the exam demon looming over them? Come and share your pain! :D

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I only have a single final exam this term... which will be occurring tomorrow afternoon. It's on neurophysiology... My head has just about exploded... Right now I'm off in la la land. Feel free to join in on the fun... or mayhap observe my crashing and burning tomorrow and laugh your heads off.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I hope no one minds me starting this thread :)

So, this is the time of year when I know atleast all the year 11s of the land (I don't know about what you guys are doing in other lands :blush:) are panic(k?)ing and having nervous breakdowns. Well, everyone I know is :D

I have (I think) 16 GCSE exams over the next 2 or 3 months, the first is art next week (10 hours :shock:) and I am in no way prepared for it. I also have lots of coursework due in that I haven't done and I'm meant to be revising as well- and I know I'm not the only one!

So, who else out there has the exam demon looming over them? Come and share your pain! :D

I'm on a different side of the fence, I have students at work that I support in their exams. It's quite nailbiting! The next set of exams are at the start of May. These are professional exams in the taxation profession in the UK.

I feel very old - by the way - as I was the first year of GCSEs.

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
Ouch! Well, at least it's nearly over :D You should give yourself a big treat afterwards (if your head hasn't exploded) :)

EDIT: I forgot to say GOOD LUCK!

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm on a different side of the fence, I have students at work that I support in their exams. It's quite nailbiting! The next set of exams are at the start of May. These are professional exams in the taxation profession in the UK.

I feel very old - by the way - as I was the first year of GCSEs.

Our teachers are also having breakdowns... it's not pretty xD

Just be happy that you are not so old that you don't actually know what a GCSE is :)

Does anyone have any revision tips? Would anyone like to do some history essays for me so I can focus on my revision? :D:D:D:D xD

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm trying to write a final paper in time to start studying for my exams, and I'm veeery frustrated and bitter over my lack of progress. Even if it is my own fault for procrastinating.....

Interestingly my paper's also on neurophysiology. Ugh! :doh:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Good luck to you too wobbly!

Pretty schematic you have on your model. I'll probably be right at the tip on the right hand side... Far too tired out to panic. :rofl1:

ygolo

My termites win

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
Just a word of warning... I saw somewhere on this forum ages ago a thing where you just keep asking 'So what?' until you realise that there is nothing really to worry about. I have found that it works a lot, but not with exams. This is how mine goes:
What's the worst that could happen?
I fail my exams
So what?
I won't get into the college I want and I'll have to retake
So what?
I'll hate it
So what?
I'll stop trying
So what?
I'll fail again
So what?
I won't have any qualifications
So what?
I'll get a crappy job
So what?
I'll hate my life
So what?
I'll kill myself.

Do not try this at home.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
So what? So what? what? Hmm. Can't see it working for me. I suppose I'm naturally too "meh" to need to reduce he stress.

Usehername

On a mission
The beauty of Canada's post-secondary education system is that we are done exams by mid to the end of April (depending on the school). The downside of this is that today is April 15th and it's exam time right now. :doh:

I've already written 4, just got home from writing one, but this 5th one (3rd year chemistry) is going to kick my ass. And of course, because it's last, I didn't manage my time properly enough to study before hand. :doh:

T-minus 49 hours 5 minutes.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
EDIT:Nevermind, I just realized "proximity" to finals would mean lower numbers are closer. :D
Ah! Good point. I was confused about that too.

When I was in college, I found the worse thing for me to do in the last couple hours before a final was cram. I'd always kick back and play a videogame or something right up to the minute I had to walk out the door. I did better that way.

In a psych class I had, we learned about some research that showed people recall information better if their mind is in the same state it was in while learning it. For example, if they were high on marijuana while learning some information, they could actually recall it better if they were high than if they weren't.

Last day of class before the final, the professor told everyone, "Now don't stay up all night cramming. You don't want to come here and sleep through the final." So of course I raised my hand, and said, "But don't we recall things more effectively if we're in the same state we were in while learning them?"