User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Unhappy Exam Support Thread

I hope no one minds me starting this thread

So, this is the time of year when I know atleast all the year 11s of the land (I don't know about what you guys are doing in other lands ) are panic(k?)ing and having nervous breakdowns. Well, everyone I know is

I have (I think) 16 GCSE exams over the next 2 or 3 months, the first is art next week (10 hours ) and I am in no way prepared for it. I also have lots of coursework due in that I haven't done and I'm meant to be revising as well- and I know I'm not the only one!

So, who else out there has the exam demon looming over them? Come and share your pain!
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I only have a single final exam this term... which will be occurring tomorrow afternoon. It's on neurophysiology... My head has just about exploded... Right now I'm off in la la land. Feel free to join in on the fun... or mayhap observe my crashing and burning tomorrow and laugh your heads off.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    I hope no one minds me starting this thread

So, this is the time of year when I know atleast all the year 11s of the land (I don't know about what you guys are doing in other lands ) are panic(k?)ing and having nervous breakdowns. Well, everyone I know is

I have (I think) 16 GCSE exams over the next 2 or 3 months, the first is art next week (10 hours ) and I am in no way prepared for it. I also have lots of coursework due in that I haven't done and I'm meant to be revising as well- and I know I'm not the only one!

So, who else out there has the exam demon looming over them? Come and share your pain!
    I'm on a different side of the fence, I have students at work that I support in their exams. It's quite nailbiting! The next set of exams are at the start of May. These are professional exams in the taxation profession in the UK.

I feel very old - by the way - as I was the first year of GCSEs.

MBTI
    INFP

Ouch! Well, at least it's nearly over You should give yourself a big treat afterwards (if your head hasn't exploded)

EDIT: I forgot to say GOOD LUCK!
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I'm on a different side of the fence, I have students at work that I support in their exams. It's quite nailbiting! The next set of exams are at the start of May. These are professional exams in the taxation profession in the UK.

I feel very old - by the way - as I was the first year of GCSEs.
    Our teachers are also having breakdowns... it's not pretty xD

Just be happy that you are not so old that you don't actually know what a GCSE is

Does anyone have any revision tips? Would anyone like to do some history essays for me so I can focus on my revision? xD

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm trying to write a final paper in time to start studying for my exams, and I'm veeery frustrated and bitter over my lack of progress. Even if it is my own fault for procrastinating.....

Interestingly my paper's also on neurophysiology. Ugh!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Good luck to you too wobbly!

Pretty schematic you have on your model. I'll probably be right at the tip on the right hand side... Far too tired out to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Ooh! The feigenbaum diagram (backwards?). Pleasant memories of HS science projects....

But what exactly does that have to do with final?

Are you describeing an ascent from chaos (since the usual diagram show a descent to chaos)?

EDIT:Nevermind, I just realized "proximity" to finals would mean lower numbers are closer.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP

Just a word of warning... I saw somewhere on this forum ages ago a thing where you just keep asking 'So what?' until you realise that there is nothing really to worry about. I have found that it works a lot, but not with exams. This is how mine goes:
    What's the worst that could happen?
    I fail my exams
    So what?
    I won't get into the college I want and I'll have to retake
    So what?
    I'll hate it
    So what?
    I'll stop trying
    So what?
    I'll fail again
    So what?
    I won't have any qualifications
    So what?
    I'll get a crappy job
    So what?
    I'll hate my life
    So what?
    I'll kill myself.

Do not try this at home.