User Tag List

First 567

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Have you thought about teaching your native language? I'm sure there aren't a ton of people doing that, and the biggest need would be in cities. That said, I think a $15/hr job and saving $3500 in three months is kind of unrealistic. Like others, I think your best chance for that is waitressing or bartending in an expensive place where tips would be good.
    I thought about teaching my native language but i have no clue would anyone want to learn Croatian/Serbian and if they would they already have teachers or parents because people that want to learn it are usually with croatian heritage

ok, how much IS realistic to save in 3 months?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I didn't read the whole thread; is a foreigner "work permit" an issue?

If so then getting jobs under the table may pose difficulties if not an illegality and its repercussions.

I don't know about the legality but if it is legal than maybe Importing an EBay business (and getting paid via PayPal debit card) setup is an option regardless.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    STUF

Check international hostels in major cities, a lot of them have a policy where they only hire foreign workers, this also gives you a place to stay.
    Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread; is a foreigner "work permit" an issue?

If so then getting jobs under the table may pose difficulties if not an illegality and its repercussions.

I don't know about the legality but if it is legal than maybe Importing an EBay business (and getting paid via PayPal debit card) setup is an option regardless.
    No, it is not an issue. i would go over CCUSA and they secure a J1 visa, I am not sure what exactly it covers but I know you can work in the US up to 4 months + 30 days after you can travel. Then you need to leave the States.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    i guess? a flat... where else?
    I asked because all the apartments (flats) I've seen or heard of have asked you to sign a lease contract, in which you promise to live there for 6 months, or 1 year, and if you leave before that term fully passes (for example, if you only stay there for 4 months), you have to pay a large fee of perhaps a couple hundred dollars (on top of the rent payments you were already paying). I think I have seen one place that offered 3 month lease periods, but not sure.

I say that because you should be aware, even though I'd hate to discourage people from visiting The States... Think about it, whatever works best for you.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 11-17-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: optimism
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.