User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yes.
    well here the average is 5 USD/hr, but since I need to pay airplane ticket etc..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    is it that bad there in the US? is 15$/hr really... that big ?
    No, $15 is achievable but may be difficult to find in short-term employment. The problem will be the job market is pretty bleak right now.
    I would suggest working hard and saving as much as you can until next summer so you can afford to look at a broader range of jobs in the US and perhaps work less and travel and see more of the country while you are here. What country is home for you and is your english fluent?
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You can approach or even exceed $15/hour doing that. But that comes from tips.
    Absolutely. Especially if you're attractive, you really don't need very much skill to make pretty good money (as a female).
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    No, $15 is achievable but may be difficult to find in short-term employment. The problem will be the job market is pretty bleak right now.
    I would suggest working hard and saving as much as you can until next summer so you can afford to look at a broader range of jobs in the US and perhaps work less and travel and see more of the country while you are here.
    thanks.

What country is home for you and is your english fluent?
    I am from Croatia. My english - i dont know, i am not used talking in english, but i guess in 2-3 weeks i'd adapt. I can practice until then.
    And, as I've said, I have no problem with spending next 6-9 months learning something that will open more jobs for me. i am extremely fast learner - but I need to know what to pick.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Absolutely. Especially if you're attractive, you really don't need very much skill to make pretty good money (as a female).
    This was my point as well. Croatian, attractive, smiling and pouring drinks. Not only are the tips great but managers love to hire women that make men want to buy more alcohol.

Reality is sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    This was my point as well. Croatian, attractive, smiling and pouring drinks. Not only are the tips great but managers love to hire women that make men want to buy more alcohol.

Reality is sexist.
    umm, so how much they earn like that?

i am surprised that most people i talked with who have been with CCUSA, were earning about 10 USD, and most of them were working as bussers, and life guards. something like that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

thanks.

I am from Croatia. My english - i dont know, i am not used talking in english, but i guess in 2-3 weeks i'd adapt. I can practice until then.
    And, as I've said, I have no problem with spending next 6-9 months learning something that will open more jobs for me. i am extremely fast learner - but I need to know what to pick.
    Here you go Chloe - http://www.amazon.com/Work-Your-Arou.../dp/1854583670
    This book was a big help to me when I was living in Ireland.
    If you have friends here which it seemed like you implied that you did, get as much local information from them as you can. They will be invaluable for you in securing a place to stay and a place to work.

i have relatives in south carolina but i really dont want to go there.. i prefer california and close to nyc, because i dont want to be bored... thanks, i'll check the book

actually my relatives are in Charlotte.. dont know that's maybe NC not SC - So close to you, earthtrekker i guess

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

umm, so how much they earn like that?

i am surprised that most people i talked with who have been with CCUSA, were earning about 10 USD, and most of them were working as bussers, and life guards. something like that.
    My guess would be 7-15 per hour wages and lots of tips on top of that. Don't count on getting a job with any benefits as most that offer them will likely not hire short term employees.