User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Success

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I was just wondering why you grew defensive about yourself when I mocked you. Normally you could have said something like: "Well, if you want to know more boring J stuff, hand me over your phone number". Or something in the line that puts you on a higher psychological position than me or that shows your strength and your personal happiness with the way you are.
    Funny what you consider defensive. My "example" was really just facetious, though not untrue. I often counter mocking by leveling - stating "just the facts". To me this is a higher psychological position, but I wasn't really measuring.

Do you know what I mean ? This is entp human science . What do you think ? Nobel prize ?
    No, oxymoron.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Funny what you consider defensive. My "example" was really just facetious, though not untrue. I often counter mocking by leveling - stating "just the facts". To me this is a higher psychological position, but I wasn't really measuring.
    Intresting, guess I have to learn too that not everyone wants a piece of me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Is success important to you? In the sense of career?

Or, if you're a romantic, life.

Actually, what IS success??

Answer: success is money. Because if you don't have money, you die, & will therefore be unsuccessful, unless you're still able to get everything you need because you're a clever thief, hunter, moocher, or vagabond-- though you'll still be unsuccessful then, in society's eyes.

Sad but true.

Success is eluding me at the moment.

I am somewhat depressed about it.

DO U WANT SUCXESS
    Yes. I think of success in terms of power and ability to make changes and have your voice heard. I picture someone at the top of and apartment building stomping a few times, and everyone below them stomping in return, all the way down the line. You can easily make some sort of a ripple in the water. (For some reason I think whacking a broom at the ceiling is harder than just stomping, and I have no idea that whenever I think of success I think of an apartment building/ no idea where the heck that came from.)

So anyway, that ends up often being the equivalent of climbing the career ladder and making more money as a side effect. For me, it's never good enough. I should have learned that by now, but once I reach my "end goal" there are 20 other goals that come with it, so I'm always living in this elusive end goal in my mind, (which spider off into all different directions, which can get a little confusing- which road to choose.) So yes, I guess you could say that success is important to me whether I want it to be or not. In an ideal world, it's like everything I say would resonate like it's going through a loudspeaker that the whole world could hear and people were acting on whatever I said.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I was just wondering why you grew defensive about yourself when I mocked you. Normally you could have said something like: "Well, if you want to know more boring J stuff, hand me over your phone number". Or something in the line that puts you on a higher psychological position than me or that shows your strength and your personal happiness with the way you are.

instead tho you immediantly grew defensive about your person and even made a huge case by giving a concrete example ("havent been bored since I was 8").

Normally this shows my entp sensors that the person in question is insecure or unhappy with him- herself or that something isnt right. A healthy person would just block mocking and laugh about my attempt.

Do you know what I mean ? This is entp human science . What do you think ? Nobel prize ?
    Depends. I think some people, especially females, in some politer cultures aren't socialized into this friendly ribbing. I notice it when I play sports with my American guy friends, they mock each other and sometimes me and I still have this half-moment when I have to remind myself it's all competitive friendly joking around.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ISFP

I think success is living my life honestly and accomplishing the goals I've set for myself.

I'm pragmatic enough to realize money is important to living. I have things I want to do in life that require money because I'm not skilled enough to gain sponsorship in them. I want to mountaineer. I want to get into technical diving (I'd really like to be the first woman to dive below 800ft). I want to fund a school or learning clinic at some point. I'm strongly drawn to and fulfilled emotionally by experiencing things that have a journeying aspect to them.

Success is accomplishing my goals in a way honest to my value system. Things aren't ever going to be perfect so the challenge is figuring out how to work with the messiness and imperfectness of life - create things/experiences that I find meaningful. Part of my value system is that people should be treated with dignity and respect - it is very fulfilling for me to help people fulfill their potential (that wording sounds a little judgmental) and feel good about themselves. I like making people feel good about themselves. I also though see how I can be demanding, perfectionistic, insecure, and unforgiving which are things I need to work on (part of why I think success for me and honestly living my experience (my irritation with others has nothing to do with them - it is my own deal) are in a way - one in the same). Success for me would be my business thriving and creating an environment in which people (including myself) thrive and grow.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I am happy when I feel secure and stable. I dislike feeling insecure and unstable. This does not mean being rich, because comfort is more important to me than wealth, nor does it only have to do with money. It has to do with many things. So I do things that ensure my own security and stability. I'm learning to remove things out of my life that make me feel insecure and unstable.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I am happy when I feel secure and stable. I dislike feeling insecure and unstable. This does not mean being rich, because comfort is more important to me than wealth, nor does it only have to do with money It has to do with many things. So I do things that ensure my own security and stability. I'm learning to remove things out of my life that make me feel insecure and unstable.
    Sounds like something a typical SJ would say/want.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I thought people assume that all SJs are status conscious and materialistic?
    I know I could care less about those things.

I actually had a debate with someone the other day because they were trying to force me to care about those things (because they cared about it). But I just don't.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I am happy when I feel secure and stable. I dislike feeling insecure and unstable. This does not mean being rich, because comfort is more important to me than wealth, nor does it only have to do with money. It has to do with many things. So I do things that ensure my own security and stability. I'm learning to remove things out of my life that make me feel insecure and unstable.
    +1. You and me both, could not have put it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Pretty much

I actually had a debate with someone the other day because they were trying to force me to care about those things (because they cared about it). But I just don't.
    Not to veer off topic but both of those things are important to me but only a little bit. Both have their uses.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Permabanned

Hmmm no, I don't think that is necessarily SJ I think SJS want/need security and comfort for the most part. Being materialistic is more of a psychological disorder probably has something to do with being narcissistic. I notice SJs love consistency if something they care about is consistent they are happy. This of course makes for a boring and dull way of living.