Thread: Success

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Nah been there done that. Grows boring after a while when you have no reason to live for
    you're an NTP, you need to experiment and blow things up also for life satisfaction

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Success is ultimately useless, since the universe is going towards its inescapable heat-death.
    good thing there are numerous more universes out there

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Is success important to you? In the sense of career?

Or, if you're a romantic, life.

Actually, what IS success??

Answer: success is money. Because if you don't have money, you die, & will therefore be unsuccessful, unless you're still able to get everything you need because you're a clever thief, hunter, moocher, or vagabond-- though you'll still be unsuccessful then, in society's eyes.

Sad but true.

Success is eluding me at the moment.

I am somewhat depressed about it.

DO U WANT SUCXESS
    having the power to go where I want, do what I want, get what I want and not do what I don't want is my goal. so I suppose success in some degree is necessary for that, but I don't really care if others think I'm successful or not.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    you're an NTP, you need to experiment and blow things up also for life satisfaction
    what kids need most is being loved. nothing less and nothing more
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

boooooooooooooooooooooooring

Js, really so J its constant butthurt
    Ah, but with no real idea of what sorts of things I have been accomplishing, this is a baseless assessment.

I don't think I have been bored since I was 8 and too young to actually do the things I wanted.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Ah, but with no real idea of what sorts of things I have been accomplishing, this is a baseless assessment.

I don't think I have been bored since I was 8 and too young to actually do the things I wanted.
    But I know what you didnt accomplish yet

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

To me, the goal of life is just to be happy for as long as you can. Success therefore is achieving that end. Personally I want to be recognised academically and be one of the best the world has to offer in my field. Does money matter? Well yes, but I only need enough to survive and live in a moderately comfortable environment. I sort of disagree with the OP here because you phrase it as all or nothing. If we don't have any money, we'll die, that's true (sorta), but that doesn't mean that success should be measured completely by money either. I don't see how you can jump from "this thing is necessary" to "this is the ultimate measure of success".
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Is success important to you? In the sense of career?

Or, if you're a romantic, life.

Actually, what IS success??

Answer: success is money. Because if you don't have money, you die, & will therefore be unsuccessful, unless you're still able to get everything you need because you're a clever thief, hunter, moocher, or vagabond-- though you'll still be unsuccessful then, in society's eyes.

Sad but true.

Success is eluding me at the moment.

I am somewhat depressed about it.

DO U WANT SUCXESS
    You've confused necessary and sufficient conditions. Perhaps money is necessary to be successful, but it certainly is not sufficient. Otherwise, a professional athlete would be successful the day he signed his first contract, regardless of quality of play or whether or not he wins any championships.

Point is, you define success for yourself. If you want to rely on society's definition of success, so be it. Problem is, society doesn't really have a good understanding of what it means to be successful, placing a lot of value on being able to dominate and humiliate others. That's not a very good long-term strategy, and it eats away at the soul.

I think about the movie The Last Samurai, and the character of Katsumoto in particular. He had everything material he could have ever wanted, but he did not consider his life a success until the very end, when he had the opportunity to die well in battle, in the presence of his friends, with the respect of his opponents, and surrounded by the beauty of his beloved countryside.

Material success is compelling, but it is neither beautiful nor moving in most cases. It sort of makes you wonder what the point is.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

But I know what you didnt accomplish yet
    You may know some things I haven't done, but without knowing what I HAVE done, you speculations will be far from comprehensive. There are many things I will probably never accomplish, because they are not among my priorities.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You may know some things I haven't done, but without knowing what I HAVE done, you speculations will be far from comprehensive. There are many things I will probably never accomplish, because they are not among my priorities.
    I was just wondering why you grew defensive about yourself when I mocked you. Normally you could have said something like: "Well, if you want to know more boring J stuff, hand me over your phone number". Or something in the line that puts you on a higher psychological position than me or that shows your strength and your personal happiness with the way you are.

instead tho you immediantly grew defensive about your person and even made a huge case by giving a concrete example ("havent been bored since I was 8").

Normally this shows my entp sensors that the person in question is insecure or unhappy with him- herself or that something isnt right. A healthy person would just block mocking and laugh about my attempt.

Do you know what I mean ? This is entp human science . What do you think ? Nobel prize ?