12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default Does this sound too good to be true?

While job searching online I found this position for a nanny, and, well, it sounds almost basurd:

http://www.enannysource.com/Quick-Fa...le-481828.html

Here's the basic rundown:

-It's a live nanny position.
    -All I have to do job wise is stay up all night to 'deter burgalers'.
    -I don't have to do any other chores beyond that.
    -The family only has one kid and one dog, both of whom will still be taken care of my the parents.
    -I'll be getting paid good money for this.
    -I don't need any other requirments.
    -The family is expecting on moving out of state soon and wants a nanny who would move with them.

So aside from the last thing, which is sorta an important consideration, it almost sounds like a freakin dream job where I get paid to pull all nighters. So should I go for this job? Or should I be skeptical? Advice? Thanks.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Wow .. idk.

Why not get in touch, express an interest and take it from there. Don't get your hopes up in case it is some kind of hoax. If it is real, you're made. Sweet.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Dali

Scroll down the eNanny page to the following. Conflicts with what she says in the summary. Weird. Give her a call and find out exactly what she needs.

We would prefer that our caregiver
    do the following tasks:

Light housekeeping
    Family laundry
    Run errands
    Grocery shopping
    Carpooling
    Cook for the family
    Homework help
    EDIT: Stay up all night, be sequestered in her home all day while she's at work to 'protect the pets'. Right after she says that 'The rest of the day is yours to do with as you would like'. Hmmm. Forgive my mental meanderings but, from what I've seen on that page and from her choice of language, she seems like one of those employers who start off very sweet and accommodating and soon turn into veritable Nazis once they've 'scoped you out'.

FURTHER EDIT: Oops, didn't see the cross thanks to my browser settings (doesn't load images). Ignore the first half.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Wow .. idk.

Why not get in touch, express an interest and take it from there. Don't get your hopes up in case it is some kind of hoax. If it is real, you're made. Sweet.
    I suppose that would work, guess I'll join the site then and dig up some information on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    Scroll down the eNanny page to the following. Conflicts with what she says in the summary. Weird. Give her a call and find out exactly what she needs.
    Except there's a red X nest to all of them, which I think means that those requirment's aren't needed (it also said that driving experince wasn't needed and most of those tasks require driving). But yeah I'll have to look into it further.

EDIT: Stay up all night, be sequestered in her home all day while she's at work to 'protect the pets'. Right after she says that 'The rest of the day is yours to do with as you would like'. Hmmm. Forgive my mental meanderings but, from what I've seen on that page and from her choice of language, she seems like one of those employers who start off very sweet and accommodating and soon turn into veritable Nazis once they've 'scoped you out'.
    So basically it's like any other typical job?

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Except there's a red X nest to all of them, which I think means that those requirment's aren't needed (it also said that driving experince wasn't needed and most of those tasks require driving). But yeah I'll have to look into it further.
    Oops! Didn't see that, thanks to my browser settings. (doesn't load images. Just changed that).

So basically it's like any other typical job?
    Hey, if you don't mind being sequestered in her house all night and all day - bar for the window of time in between when she gets home from work and they go to sleep - then I don't see the problem. Give her a call. Good luck.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    Hey, if you don't mind being sequestered in her house all night and all day - bar for the window of time in between when she gets home from work and they go to sleep - then I don't see the problem. Give her a call. Good luck.
    Still beats working at a mega corp.

Dali

Hehehe. What doesn't? Keep us posted.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

You sure they're not druglords hiring you to guard their stash from pissed off rivals?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

That's a seriously weird enough request (especially the part about moving with them) that I'd really suspect they're mentally unstable/paranoid/delusional. If so, they're probably going to be a nightmare to work with.
    -end of thread-

It sounds boring.