User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I teach. A lot of times it's great (figuring out how to reach a broad base of students, seeing so many of them learn) and other times it's a real bummer (mostly the grading/the handful of students who should've taken some time off before college for behavioural/maturity/attitude/purpose issues). I take it very seriously and want to do the best I can to set them up for success but I'm not so passionate about it that it's part of my identity or anything.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

ReflecTcelfeR

I can teach. I want to teach... Should I teach? Maybe.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I used to be a science teacher, now I'm a librarian. I still do alot of teaching in my job. I'm always teaching people how to use our library's resources and I teach workshops on searching the catalog and databases. I find that as a librarian, I get to do more of the kind of teaching I like. It's more one-on-one and small groups rather than larger classrooms. Plus no grading and having to take work home with me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    STP

It's interesting... to teach someone else a person has to assume you know more than the student, but in the nature of knowledge, the the more aware you are of what you don't know the more you know, will learn, and know, thus making you more qualified to teach.
    Good intentions are not enough.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I hate teachers. But its like they say that what you hate, is that you are good at yourself
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I like to teach when I know the subject inside out. I enjoy teaching people who are thirsty for knowledge, and have a lot of time for them. I taught English as a second language for a short time, and I absolutely adored my kindergarten kids, the little sponges that they were.
    I'm kinda sad I have little opportunity for teaching in my current job. I enjoyed those little moments and connections in a learning environment.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

I think I'm a decent teacher (or rather, tutor). I'm not a natural though. When I was in high school, my sister would always goof off during math class because she thought her teachers were boring and then beg me to teach her. (This was very annoying when she had a math test the same day as my AP Spanish exam and my parents made me help her). She always told me I was shit at it, but then also apparently decided that I was much much better than her teachers (who I had and often liked).

Some of my friends are absolutely brilliant teachers. Neither of my favorites want to go into teaching though, because they have substantially better paying options. One of them is going to go into Math/CS stuff, the other wants to do research in Chemistry.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes, I like to teach. I've been private tutoring for money since I was in college, and I still do it for extra cash. Right now I tutor everything from 1st graders in reading to high school students in math to small adult groups (to help them pass college entrance exams).

In college I made money through a work study program where I volunteered at elementary schools. This was when I really discovered that it was gratifying to teach because the kids I worked with showed real progress. I like helping people learn stuff, basically.

In general, I like to talk about academic, conceptual stuff (aka I'm a know-it-all), and teaching is a format that allows that side of me to flourish. I'm also pretty good at picking up on & adapting to individual student needs (if I do say so myself ).

As for class settings, I am not a natural performer or facilitator, but I'm pretty decent at group interaction & brainstorming when it's on academic subjects.

I also substitute teach now, and I like it so far, even though it's often just glorified baby-sitting. It's funny how I've never been crazy about kids, but I seem to do well with them in academic settings. I'm surprisingly patient & not easily ruffled by kid antics, and that calmness seems to rub off on them. They also sense I'm not uptight, but also not a pushover, and so discipline issues have been minor.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I am a professional student. I married a teacher. I am an instructor at heart and love to share with interested individuals what knowledge and experience I may have. I do not see myself in front of a large classroom, instead teaching small groups of learners a skill set or some pertinent esoterica.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I also substitute teach now, and I like it so far, even though it's often just glorified baby-sitting. It's funny how I've never been crazy about kids, but I seem to do well with them in academic settings. I'm surprisingly patient & not easily ruffled by kid antics, and that calmness seems to rub off on them. They also sense I'm not uptight, but also not a pushover, and so discipline issues have been minor.
    Do you plan to become a k12 teacher?