User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Greed

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    So, 1) You think that every corporation who ever places an ad, is playing smoke-and-mirror games?
    2) Every company's culture and organizational design are not ready to utilize multi-talented/skilled staff? I agree that it can be a waiting game, but there are positions available right now, for people with the right skillsets.
    3) You think that XSTP's have natural leadership skills? Because they most certainly do not, imo. There are types who are interpersonally and socially-gifted, and that's what I consider a natural leader, in a corporate capacity.
    In regards to 3- I am completely confused. Where in @Halla74's post did he say that xstps have natural leadership skills? And where do you get that they don't?

I notice a pattern of you just simply not liking the stps who post on here based on the fact that they are STPs. That seems bizarre to me. It's one thing to dislike another poster because you don't like what they have to say, but this seems to be an automatic checklist of "are they an STP? Ok I dislike them."

P.s. Leave mah big brothah alone! *gets out grrrr face*

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    In regards to 3- I am completely confused. Where in @Halla74's post did he say that xstps have natural leadership skills? And where do you get that they don't?

I notice a pattern of you just simply not liking the stps who post on here based on the fact that they are STPs.

That seems bizarre to me. It's one thing to dislike another poster because you don't like what they have to say, but this seems to be an automatic checklist of "are they an STP? Ok I dislike them."
    Where did you get this idea? I generally don't like stp guys, but I don't dislike someone because they are an stp guy. I give everyone an equal chance, regardless of who they are. Are you stirring up drama? LoL. I don't see why any of this has anything to do with you. It really doesn't.

I was responding to Orangey. Notice I posted AFTER Orangey, and didn't write a name there. Orangey had quoted Halla, and I was wondering if she agreed with those parts. I won't do that again, as I don't want to stir up drama.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Anew Leaf

Where did you get this idea? I generally don't like stp guys, but I don't dislike someone because they are an stp guy. I give everyone an equal chance, regardless of who they are. Are you stirring up drama? LoL.
    Because lately I see a lot of posts from you stating how annoying you find STP men. And I've seen you "get into it" with a few of them as well.

I'm not sure why you are accusing me of starting drama.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Because lately I see a lot of posts from you stating how annoying you find STP men. And I've seen you "get into it" with a few of them as well.

I'm not sure why you are accusing me of starting drama.
    ALOT of posts stating how annoying I find STP men? From what I recall, I said it ONCE. Because you are getting involved in situations that have absolutely nothing to do with YOU..... that's what "stirring drama" is.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Anew Leaf

ALOT of posts stating how annoying I find STP men? From what I recall, I said it ONCE. Because you are getting involved in situations that have absolutely nothing to do with YOU..... that's what "stirring drama" is.
    This was a general thread with a question asked by giggly. Several people responded to her post. You responded personally to a post made by @Halla74 that made no sense. I was primarily responding to how confusing your post was, then I made a comment about a current pattern of posting that you are exhibiting. That's it.

If you feel drama is being stirred up then perhaps you should look at how people respond to you.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

This was a general thread with a question asked by giggly. Several people responded to her post. You responded personally to a post made by @Halla74 that made no sense. I was primarily responding to how confusing your post was, then I made a comment about a current pattern of posting that you are exhibiting. That's it.

If you feel drama is being stirred up then perhaps you should look at how people respond to you.
    I would prefer if this conversation ended, as I hate drama. Thank You.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

So, 1) You think that every corporation who ever places an ad, is playing smoke-and-mirror games?
    Most of them. It's a good way of negotiating someone's salary down, which they always have an interest in doing.

2) Every company's culture and organizational design are not ready to utilize multi-talented/skilled staff? I agree that it can be a waiting game, but there are positions available right now, for people with the right skillsets.
    I'd say for the most part, no. A job is always going to be more limiting than they make it sound in ads, and often, they're really only looking for someone who can do what they're told. The only way to escape this is if you worked for yourself.

3) You think that XSTP's have natural leadership skills? Because they most certainly do not, imo. There are types who are interpersonally and socially-gifted, and that's what I consider a natural leader, in a corporate capacity.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? ESTPs especially are supposed to have great leadership skills.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Most of them. It's a good way of negotiating someone's salary down, which they always have an interest in doing.
    I think some might be, but plenty just want people with those skills, which is why they place the ads. Some people are being recruited by headhunters from other companies, and offered big bucks to move to their company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    3) You think that XSTP's have natural leadership skills? Because they most certainly do not, imo. There are types who are interpersonally and socially-gifted, and that's what I consider a natural leader, in a corporate capacity.

What the hell are you talking about? ESTPs especially are supposed to have great leadership skills.
    A natural leader in a corporate capacity is what they are describing in the article Giggly posted. I don't consider STP's to have all of these skills, naturally. At least, none that I have ever seen, and they don't fit the definition for it. There are some types that are naturally interpersonally gifted, and it's pretty specific, as in, the right instinctual-variant combination, with the right type, with the right enneagram type. It's a completely different situation, and one in where the individual is meant to manage people. I don't consider STP's to be that. I think STP's can be leaders, but they aren't natural leaders, when it comes to a corporate role.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

How do you assess emotional and social intelligence? I'm just interested because if they put something like that in a job description without having some clear criteria then it just sounds like a vague clause to be used to exclude otherwise qualified candidates from interview or appointment.

I know that the police used to do some good role plays as part of their recruitment for training here in NI and I thought that was a good idea. I usually fail those sorts of things but still it would exclude a lot of people besides me who I think its probably a good thing are excluded from possible recruitment to the police service.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I guess the big-businessmen are a bunch of dreamers.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."