User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How similar are you job/work preferences to your MBTI type

Banned Array

I feel I could either be a film colorist, a video compressionist, a psychologist, or a nurse. My shadow function Se makes me think I should be a comedian.

3w2 so

It's pretty pragmatic but anything else than down-to-earth
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

1w9 so/sx

My career choices and long-term goals seem to follow my Enneagram motivations more than MBTI stereotype even though it's not immediately apparent.

Edit: Just looked at context of OP and I'd say my qualifying job attributes fit Te/Se/Ni.

- Not detailed oriented, concept oriented
    - Walk and talk meetings
    - Like being out in the field
    - Can work independently and on a team
    - Unproductive when forced to work details or mundane office task (Unproductive = I plot how far I can procrastinate on it before it is necessary to have to produce)
    - I like concept oriented meetings and detest logistic meetings
    - I believe in schedules, gantt charts, timelines, performas available at all times and be constantly updated for the best chances at accurate projection of how the project will be delivered. (This is possibly the only thing I'm OCD about when it comes to my work and the only detail I really give a damn about.)

I'm at the infancy of my career. The internships I had in the past were ISTP/ISFP based (Architecture intern-draftsman; Design intern for an artist who needed to stylize urban planning/land SAT imagery to show asian trade networks from 1900s-2000s, worked primarily on the computer and historical first resources found in the creepy/secluded areas of libraries looking for old maps to vectorize and overlay current landsat maps)

My first step entry level was project manager for a board committee composed of CBO. I handled small to big housing/streetscape development to increase homeowner/community's economic equity, and some educational workshops and some community/campaign/marketing development work. Had to be Jane of all Trades for sometime and liked the challenge of learning something new quickly. Yeh this was fun but it also called upon some Fe-work which was more difficult.
    LIE-Ni * SCOEI * Te/Fi * 1-7-3 The Systems Builder