User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 77

  1. #11
    Feline Member kelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    It's horseshit. This notion is prevalent because of all the people who do what they love, only the 1% who get rich doing it have the platform to tell people about it.
    And, there's FMW - saying what I was trying to get at much more succinctly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #12
    shadow boxer strawberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ----
    Posts
    950

    Default

    srsly. FMW winz thread. please exit thread in an orderly fashion.

  3. #13
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Bullshit. I win the thread. I had a story and everything.

  4. #14
    shadow boxer strawberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ----
    Posts
    950

    Default

    kdude, please control your emotions. thank you for your story.

  5. #15
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    kdude, please control your emotions. thank you for your story.
    I'm not emotional. See look, I'm turning down your hug. No emotions.

    Seriously though.. my story sucked. It had nothing to do with his question.

  6. #16
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    oh totally, because my social science degrees have SO paid off since I got them

    ... I do enjoy what I do and I don't make bad money at it... and I have plenty of room for advancement, but that's because what I enjoy doing is something for which there is a demand and not everyone can do it (no matter what some people say)

    doing what you love and becoming rich from it only works if you have outstanding talents and loves, otherwise, that advice is total bullshit
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #17
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    oh totally, because my social science degrees have SO paid off since I got them

    ... I do enjoy what I do and I don't make bad money at it... and I have plenty of room for advancement, but that's because what I enjoy doing is something for which there is a demand and not everyone can do it (no matter what some people say)
    I don't know why, but everyone I've met in sales seems as happy as you. To me, it sounds like hell.

  8. #18
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't know why, but everyone I've met in sales seems as happy as you. To me, it sounds like hell.
    because the only people who last more than a few weeks are the ones who really enjoy selling things... and if you enjoy it you have a much better chance of being good at it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #19
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    because the only people who last more than a few weeks are the ones who really enjoy selling things... and if you enjoy it you have a much better chance of being good at it
    fair enough. i was just wondering if the job itself changes you.

  10. #20
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    because the only people who last more than a few weeks are the ones who really enjoy selling things...
    Pretty much what I was going to say. Also, I would think many people who don't have the personality for sales would know it, and would know the job would be hellish for them and not even attempt it in the first place. I know I never would.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What do you Love and What do you Hate About NTs?
    By Tigerlily in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 06:11 PM
  2. [NF] "do what you love, and MONEY will come" - not really?
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 11:54 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 01:01 PM
  4. [NF] Fe and Fi, say what you love about your F function!
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:25 PM
  5. People You Love and Admire
    By Mempy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO