• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Job Recommendations/Sites

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would anyone point me to any good sites they would recommend for:
1. Help writing resumes
2. Finding good jobs in local area

OR

Good jobs that are qualifications for an INFP/J
I've tried arts and crafts stores, restaurants, newspaper, pet stores, and 2 departments stores and they are booked.

Edit: Here's my background. I have graduated May of 2010 with a BGS with con. in Fine Art. I have been looking for work for over a year. My goal is to get a part-time job for about a year or two and then go back to school one day for a Masters Degree in Graphic Design. Naturally, I'm stubborn in my beliefs of what I want to do; I wanted to be an illustrator for kids and teens books. I try right now to be realistic to get a particular job; I REALLY DO NOT want to work at a fast food restaurant but it seems that I might have to to at least find something. It does get discouraging that I'm either over-qualified or under-qualified. I'm very naive about how the work force works. I'm not struggling for money or anything, but I do need to become more independent.

Last edited:

shoshana

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Would anyone point me to any good sites they would recommend for:
1. Help writing resumes
2. Finding good jobs in local area

OR

Good jobs that are qualifications for an INFP/J
I've tried arts and crafts stores, restaurants, newspaper, pet stores, and 2 departments stores and they are booked.

seems like you are looking for a part-time job. those types of jobs have tons of people between the ages of like 16-30+ trying to apply for them... so just apply to more and call back the ones that you've applied to. call them once a week and ask to speak to the mgmt to see if they've gotten a chance to look at your application.

those types of jobs do not require a resume... you could find tons of jobs in 5 min on craigslist (i'm not being an ass, but if you're looking for a part-time gig as like a receptionist or something that'll do ya).

as far as job qualifications that suit your type... sounds like you're just looking for part-time work, if you're looking for a career then i'd suggest reading what color is my parachute and figuring your life out. :]

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
seems like you are looking for a part-time job. those types of jobs have tons of people between the ages of like 16-30+ trying to apply for them... so just apply to more and call back the ones that you've applied to. call them once a week and ask to speak to the mgmt to see if they've gotten a chance to look at your application.

those types of jobs do not require a resume... you could find tons of jobs in 5 min on creigslist (i'm not being an ass, but if you're looking for a part-time gig as like a receptionist or something that'll do ya).

as far as job qualifications that suit your type... sounds like you're just looking for part-time work, if you're looking for a career then i'd suggest reading what color is my parachute and figuring your life out. :]

Actually, yes. I am looking for a part-time job. I know it's not a big deal to write a resume, but I would like to have one in the near future if I go full time. I did get some help for resume writing, but it sounds like a job for a teacher of some sort.
You see I have no experience in job. I graduated with a BGS over a year ago and it seems like if one doesn't have ANY job experience, no one will hire you. You're either over-qualified or under-qualified. Frustrating to me. But yes, calling them does seem more reasonable to do. (Will edit more information)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
:dry: Is that a serious question or are you insulting me because you think I'm an idiot?

Of course it was a serious question.

I asked beause i didn't want to PRESUME which country you lived in. I'm in the UK and i know a resume is written differently than in Canada. I used to assist people getting into employment (before i was made redundant 3 weeks ago due to government funding cuts) and helped writing CV's, cover letters, interview techniques etc.

There was no point me wasting my time offering UK sites for information if you don't live in the UK.

EDIT - Just seen your post in the thread i started so i am unable to offer any suitable advice :)

G

Ginkgo

Monster's great; they usually include job ads listings in your local newspaper. Not all businesses publicize their openings, so physically scouting around for applications and returning them in bulk never hurts.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Indeed.com or craigslist.com

I peruse Indeed.com for potential hires probably twice a month or so. Also consider a temp service, as we pull from them a lot too.