User Tag List

First 12

Just an idea. Write a book about your search for a new career. Make it your last journalism project. Do it as an investigative piece on all the careers that are open (or maybe not so open) to you. Then implement the result of your investigation.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

That's cool! That's much better than the obituary that I was planning on writing for my deceased career!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Just an idea. Write a book about your search for a new career. Make it your last journalism project. Do it as an investigative piece on all the careers that are open (or maybe not so open) to you. Then implement the result of your investigation.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

It was fun because I got to meet really interesting people who told me their stories. Then I had the opportunity to tell their stories to readers. I met so many interesting people. There was the former pig farmer who went into a business selling solar panels and there was a guy who was the co founder of Military Families Speak Out. He walked for many miles for peace. I got to interview playwrights and jazz singers and 100 year old people who lived incredible lives. I met former professional baseball players. And... Marcel Marceau talked to me!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wanted to be a journalist so that I could tell stories.
    And I did.
    Even after my journalism career died, people still told me stories. They do now.
    But I have no way to share them any more. Well... I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    I'm curious as to why you went into journalism besides it being fun. What made it fun to you?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

This means more to me than you know.
    Yes, I still love to write... and draw...
    These days, I am focused more on my drawing because it just feels right.
    I'll look into Elance and other online writing gigs when the weather turns cold and I have no more gardens in which to play.
    me

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Do you still love to write? There are many online writing gigs at places like Elance ... for example, websites are continually looking for writers to contribute content. This way, you could supplement your income too. And, you have the credentials already ...

Something to investigate ...

And good luck to you. P.S. Age is just a number.