• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your dream job....

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Clinical psychologist. I'm not sure if that counts, given that I'm in school to be one. In terms of challenge, variability, fulfillment potential--I can think of nothing else as perfect as this. My worry, though, is that I am not patient enough, or that I will become emotionally over-involved. I'm sure those will come with experience (hopefully).

Pie-in-the-sky dream job: being paid to frolick around different countries, learn new languages, meet all sorts of people, and write about my experiences.

Or, like, a rockstar. :D

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Duchess of Cambridge. It looks like an excellent gig.

S

Society

venture capitalist - mostly invest in my own ideas.

and for that matter... maybe even non-profit ideas... for example i've often wondered what would happen to chimps if you would place a whole pack of them in a large cylinder - starting with one 1 G force and slowly accelerating it, all while throwing food at them, letting them prosper and breed over a few decades, maybe at a rate of 1G increase per generation. i've also wondered what would be the public reaction if you baked giant pita's and threw them on members of PITA during a protest (after spraying them with technia ofcourse). this way i can find out both.

S

Society

I think they usually just consider that being rich.

yep - i want a team of engineers working on every idea i have, a team of researchers answering every question and a team of lawyers & PR people covering whenever i've being naughty - but i am pretty sure running all of that would be a job (hopefully part time).

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Observing marine organisms and recording their habits and behaviors.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to do interior design online.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Teaching students who have both gifts and challenges. I love to help people get around their personal obstacles and reach their potential in endeavors they are working towards.

Beorn

Permabanned
Running Sepp Holzer's Krameterhof farm

krameterhof.jpg

3_516aaeb7338d2.jpg

Tiere_1.jpg

20120225hugelkultur.jpg

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
A job where there are no other people but myself, in a subject which I understand implicitly and possess an expertise with.

Whatever that turns out to be. Yeah this is a general template anyone could use for this particular context.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm doing one atm but the pay is too inconsistent. :/ ( photographer)

i would also like to own a cafe/ restaurant and have completely planned the whole thing out in my brain...down to the menu and decoration haha

and a cool home store with interesting stuffs that've i've traveled all over to collect. i worked some place like this years ago and the owner guys seemed to have so much fun in life going on their buying trips and just decorating their store....it was an awesome one and very profitable.

and underwater photographer might be fun...or a travel photographer...or maybe even interiors for awesome design publications.

maybe fashion photography and/or design

photo styling might be fun too

set designer?

graphic artist?

photo retoucher?

sculptor?

haha okay i'll stop.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
i'm doing one atm but the pay is too inconsistent. :/ ( photographer)

i would also like to own a cafe/ restaurant and have completely planned the whole thing out in my brain...down to the menu and decoration haha

and a cool home store with interesting stuffs that've i've traveled all over to collect. i worked some place like this years ago and the owner guys seemed to have so much fun in life going on their buying trips and just decorating their store....it was an awesome one and very profitable.

and underwater photographer might be fun...or a travel photographer...or maybe even interiors for awesome design publications.

maybe fashion photography and/or design

photo styling might be fun too

set designer?

graphic artist?

photo retoucher?

sculptor?

haha okay i'll stop.

Then do it.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
editor
magazine staff member (really, all of the jobs sound cool)
being somehow involved in conversations on bioethics or education reform
children's book author / children's curriculum designer
urban planning

I used to think that I wanted to be an advice columnist (Dear Sugar > Dear Abby). In middle school I discovered Yahoo Answers and, weirdly enough, absolutely loved it. I'd actually do research, sometimes spend over an hour writing a response...I think most were in the categories of Mental Health, Literature, Baby Names (lol), Homework Help, Languages, etc. I haven't been on there in a couple years. I don't know whether it's because advice-giving was a passing interest for me, or if I'm just burnt out on people right now.

My current job as an intern at an agricultural non-profit isn't for me. I'm glad to help out for the summer, because they do amazing work, but oh my god. I would not be there if there were more interesting jobs available.