• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your dream job....

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Geez, I dunno...

Maybe something that let me work with people I admire? Assistant to illustrators, animators, writers, etc.

If I had any sort of talent or creativity, I'd like to be one myself. :)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I really like my current job : )

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like what I do (consulting). Other things I have thought about or might enjoy:

- I used to want to be an architect. I enjoy creating things that others will appreciate that are appealing visually, viscerally and are functional.
- I've always thought I would be a good software product development manager because I'm good at producing things that people like, that work and serve a need. User interface and functionality in particular are things that I'd do well.
- I've always thought it would be fun to have a technical job - like an application developer but live in a very remote area on a lake. Everything would be done online.
- It would be fun to run a little wine shop that specialized in high quality wines with low prices - or maybe a wine bar as part of it. I think I might not be able to help myself and would start growing a chain or building an online store at which point the business would grow a lot and it would start getting more stressful though. I would design a program to assess what people like and don't like and based on their profile make recommendations of wine for them to purchase. It's sort of like Blockbuster movie recommendations but it would actually work.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- It would be fun to run a little wine shop that specialized in high quality wines with low prices - or maybe a wine bar as part of it. I think I might not be able to help myself and would start growing a chain or building an online store at which point the business would grow a lot and it would start getting more stressful though. I would design a program to assess what people like and don't like and based on their profile make recommendations of wine for them to purchase. It's sort of like Blockbuster movie recommendations but it would actually work.

Ooooh I like it! Lots of people do that here, btw. I think it would be more fun where you live though!

Geez, I dunno...

Maybe something that let me work with people I admire? Assistant to illustrators, animators, writers, etc.

If I had any sort of talent or creativity, I'd like to be one myself. :)

Animator or illustrator sounds totally dreamy too!

I really like my current job : )

I see you as an Astronaut.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not much of a career minded person, so these questions are tough for me.

1: Professor. That is the job I'm actually going for. But mind you that there is a wide range of quality in being a professor, so with a term like "dream job" we should be thinking of the sweetest professorial gig you can get.

2: Some kind of public policy position. But I don't think elected offices really behoove me. I'd prefer something more like an advisory job or a cabinet position kind of thing. If I actually thought I could get elected, I wouldn't reject an elected office.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
WORLD'S GREATEST COSMOLOGIST
worlds_greatist_cosmologist_poster-rf7df19030d3d4dfc9dd290a4229e88eb_wad_210.jpg

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooooh I like it! Lots of people do that here, btw. I think it would be more fun where you live though!

Do you mean they have the stores/wine bars or do they automatically match your preferences with what you like? (i.e. have the program)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Archaeologist, linguist, writer.

This is actually what I currently plan to do too excluding linguist since Cosmology takes way too much education!

Maybe that's not what you plan to do though. Maybe for you those occupations are just dreams like the Cosmology dream for me.

I wonder if you actually think you could become those things, not that I myself am doubting you could do it.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
This is actually what I currently plan to do too excluding linguist since Cosmology takes way too much education!

Maybe that's not what you plan to do though. Maybe for you those occupations are just dreams like the Cosmology dream for me.

I wonder if you actually think you could become those things, not that I myself am doubting you could do it.

I think your plan sounds great. When I was a kid, I dreamed of finding lost civilizations, of painstakingly uncovering what time had buried. However, it didn't turn out that way. I went to school on an art scholarship and ended up in an entirely different field. So, archaeology remains my dream job. However, higher education is outrageously expensive, so I doubt ever going back to pursue it. I really am a published writer, a poet and novelist. For the obvious reasons that accompany that profession, I keep my personal identity a secret on forums. I'm also a freelance artist and a Kung fu student/instructor, so I also have a keen interest in electromagnetic fields and human energy and potential. Cosmology is awesome and I sincerely hope you continue with it! When time allows me I plan to read some of your stuff that you have posted. I'm a hopelessly inquisitive person.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shocking: It seems Ene is sitting atop a very lofty level of accomplishment!

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Taxonomist. Adventure taxonomist!

Dropping from a helicopter into an impenetrable jungle canopy just to look at never before seen ants and spiders sounds pretty awesome to me.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Taxonomist. Adventure taxonomist!

Dropping from a helicopter into an impenetrable jungle canopy just to look at never before seen ants and spiders sounds pretty awesome to me.

Me too!! I'll go with you.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
:shocking: It seems Ene is sitting atop a very lofty level of accomplishment!

Aww...yeah, but I don't get all paid all that much and I'm pulled in many directions. Which means that sometimes my frayed edges come a little ...."unraveled";) Then I have to lock myself in the basement.