• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your dream job....

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
guy who lives off of interest/trust fund and contributes absolutely nothing of any use to society whatsoever.

oh wait halla already said that. oh well too late, still applies. i'd just travel and do drugs.

Devil Flamingo

Kultainen Kuningas
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want to live in a log cabin at the base of a mountain, surrounded by miles and miles of taiga and my job to be to take care of trees and animals there.

I don't remember what this is called in English, but in Spanish it's guardabosques (forest-keeper?) Ofc real-life guardabosques' job is slightly different from that, but it still applies. It's not ~magickal~ enough for me tho. So yeah, part time druid/guardabosques is my dream job, whatever that means. :]

Since I haven't gone that route, I guess being a linguist/professor of Rom langs is the closest thing to a dream job I'll ever have, assuming, ofc, that I ever make it. I might end up being a librarian instead, which is also close enough to a dream job. What can I say? I like options. XD

Maybe I'll end up being a linguist / professor / librarian / guardabosques / druid / faerie / witch. :fairy: :hexer: :wizfreak:

Scissorhands

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd be a time traveler... In the case that it becomes possible, that is. Othersise, I want to get into the NCAVC.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Doing it now. Just don't get paid. Till that day, I'm not made. Just played, look I'm fade...ed...

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Actor, composer, writer, director. Something that's got to do with movies or theater.

Evil Otter

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
find a way to be uploaded into the "world" of the "beings" that are simulating this "world". (see Nick Bostrom)

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TV writer or creative director. Or professor of philosophy.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Independently wealthy, of course... but I'd do a lot of volunteer work, which I already do. I'd just have more time for that AND my interests/hobbies. I wouldn't mind being a semi-starving fine artist or writer or musician, but not too successful because then that brings pressure/obligation. I could see myself doing some kind of psychology/therapy/cult brainwashing/teaching related job, but that requires schedules & preparation... meh.

From a more realistic standpoint (hahahaaa!):
- a location independent job
- project based, so I decide how much/when/in what manner I work (bottom line - meet quality & deadlines, not show up at 8am, & work 8 hours M-F)...autonomy
- has some deadline/expectation so I don't procrastinate forever or drown in a flood of ideas.... very loose structure/boundaries/direction so I don't fall off a cliff or freeze up
- allowed to be very creative & have an exploratory work style, work mostly independently, lots of creative control, but some collaboration would be welcome (probably artistic in nature also, but "creative" is most important)
- variety, novelty, and lots of potential to keep morphing
- not too detailed or repetitive, few mundane tasks involved
- no real "boss", and little to no direct interaction with clients/customers, no schmoozing or butt-kissing
- work comes to me/is given to me, don't have to seek it out or be good at "networking" & all that hassle
- paid enough & fairly without hassle; I don't need a ton of money nor do I want its strings

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From a more realistic standpoint (hahahaaa!):
- a location independent job
- project based, so I decide how much/when/in what manner I work (bottom line - meet quality & deadlines, not show up at 8am, & work 8 hours M-F)...autonomy
- has some deadline/expectation so I don't procrastinate forever or drown in a flood of ideas.... very loose structure/boundaries/direction so I don't fall off a cliff or freeze up
- allowed to be very creative & have an exploratory work style, work mostly independently, lots of creative control, but some collaboration would be welcome (probably artistic in nature also, but "creative" is most important)
- variety, novelty, and lots of potential to keep morphing
- not too detailed or repetitive, few mundane tasks involved
- no real "boss", and little to no direct interaction with clients/customers, no schmoozing or butt-kissing
- work comes to me/is given to me, don't have to seek it out or be good at "networking" & all that hassle
- paid enough & fairly without hassle; I don't need a ton of money nor do I want its strings

OMGGGG you're a girl after my own heart! I'm already doing that and wouldn't settle for anything else..desk job or job that requires regular hours are so ...yuck, unless I'm compensated so fabulously, but still it's so difficult to imagine being as happy with it as I am with what I'm doing now, as a freelancer. The only thing I wish is that I'm getting paid more, but I guess the more experience I accumulate, the higher price I can demand, BUT I'm bad at demanding stuff. I think eventually I'll need an assistant and a PR/advertising/admin manager (because I hate having to interact with others as much as I do, esp on phone, and having to negotiate on prices in project and stuff)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OMGGGG you're a girl after my own heart! I'm already doing that and wouldn't settle for anything else..desk job or job that requires regular hours are so ...yuck, unless I'm compensated so fabulously, but still it's so difficult to imagine being as happy with it as I am with what I'm doing now, as a freelancer. The only thing I wish is that I'm getting paid more, but I guess the more experience I accumulate, the higher price I can demand, BUT I'm bad at demanding stuff. I think eventually I'll need an assistant and a PR/advertising/admin manager (because I hate having to interact with others as much as I do, esp on phone, and having to negotiate on prices in project and stuff)

I'm not quite the vector artist you are ;) . Although that was some of my better work in design school, but I haven't had the motivation to cultivate it further, because my print design job drains me. The last thing I want to do when I get home is open up illustrator.

I'm going to go ahead blame being an N also :tongue: , but it's easy for me to get swept up in ruminating over ideas instead of DOING stuff. I have to see some possibility for something to lead to something to have motivation; it seems Se types enjoy the doing more for its own sake, and so DO more. I'm always waiting for inspiration to strike me...and then the focus to follow through on something that doesn't immediately appear to go anywhere else.

But my main challenges with the freelance thing are just what you touch on & what I mentioned before:

- little to no direct interaction with clients/customers, no schmoozing or butt-kissing
- paid enough & fairly without hassle

The first two are major weak spots for me also. I too need some kind of manager/go-between, but I once trusted someone with a similar task and they majorly screwed me over (don't mean to scare you, but be careful if you go that route!).

But it does give me hope that it's possible to be able to support yourself in such a way.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'd rather just get paid millions of bucks to do nothing. IOW, a fat cat.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I used to think it was being a writer, but I only enjoy being a writer creatively, on my own terms. I learned that being given writing assignments, even for pay, was a really draining experience. I think the only kind of writing I'd be interested in making a living out of would be writing novels or screenplays or short stories, and typically one has to have a day job to do that.

I'm getting certified in Reiki next month, and am probably going to build a career on being some kind of one-on-one consultation naturopath, probably preventative and alternative medicine with things like Reiki, therapeutic massage, probably Rolfing and eventually also as a yoga instructor.

I thought about going to culinary school, but again I'm afraid that cooking for money would take the joy out of cooking for me, where as I've learned from being in the adult entertainment business that I could happily and successfully work with people one-on-one in some kind of mind/body healing capacity, I don't feel "wrong" taking money for it, I feel like I'm helping people, and it doesn't burn me out on any of the creative stuff that I do as a hobby. Being involved in certified healing arts would take any nudity or topic of sexuality out of the equation, so its something I could build a more long-term career out of.

I really thought I was going to go to culinary school for a while; and I still might. I know a woman who is a yoga instructor who began as a musician and who now has a vegan catering business on the side.

All things are possible for the free, creative, enlightened person.

Cryonium

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4/9
Im gonna try and b mathematicain, or very less likely an entertainer. I don't know yet I'm just a senior in high school. I want 2 b n a STEM field. I luv these subjects alot.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Animal behaviorist working with young animals to give them a proper start in life
(Foster parent for shelter kittens, Natural Horsemanship instructor, raising future service dogs, etc)

Blogger, writing about psychology and animal behaviourism in a way that is palatable, fun and educational

Fiction writer: of all lengths, and in a variety of genres.

Freelance writer for charities that I believe in.

Counsellor/Wellness therapist: holistic treatment for those who feel hurt, depressed, in need of reprieve and relaxation.

Nightclub singer: If I had the skills of a professional singer/entertainer, I might enjoy the stage just fine :D

LeoManiacus

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My dream job would be Poet, and I am working hard on making that dream come true. I have actually sold 2 poems for a birthday party and for a wedding. First one was for $50 and the second was for $20; I wanted to give them away, but the persons who commissioned them wanted to support me in my pursuits, so they paid me and told me to say I am a professional poet who has sold poems ;)

I'd also write short stories and novellas, I am just too sporadic in my interests and inspirations to stick to a novels worth of writing. I have tried and it just veered off on too many tangents to be readable by anyone other than myself...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My current dream job is becoming a therapist. I want to bring happiness into the lives of others and make people's days a little brighter each time they see me. :) It'd also be stimulating for me as I'd be able to learn more about so many different kinds of people. I think I wrote a lot more about this in another thread (possibly the TypeC Member Survey thread), so yeah.

For stretching it, I think it'd be AMAZING to be a singer. And not like autotuned singer. I'm talking like broadway-skilled singer. I think performing on stage with tons of people cheering for you sounds pretty damn awesome. And if I wrote my own music that would be even cooler, as I'd be able to put the message I want behind each song.

ygolo

My termites win
I am not entirely sure. But I feel like I am pretty close to it.

If I could do what I do now, but not having to worry so much about finances, it would be ideal...at least for now.

Spiritual Science

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My dream job right now would be to travel to remote locations and photograph the night sky, as well as other badass scenes. I'd like to combine my love of visual art with that of music, possibly creating my own soundscapes to accompany my own landscape photos or time-lapse photograpghy videos. Ideally, I'd work for myself and not have a boss or have to deal with BS office politics or big egos with legs you encounter everywhere in every field.