First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    OMGGGG you're a girl after my own heart! I'm already doing that and wouldn't settle for anything else..desk job or job that requires regular hours are so ...yuck, unless I'm compensated so fabulously, but still it's so difficult to imagine being as happy with it as I am with what I'm doing now, as a freelancer. The only thing I wish is that I'm getting paid more, but I guess the more experience I accumulate, the higher price I can demand, BUT I'm bad at demanding stuff. I think eventually I'll need an assistant and a PR/advertising/admin manager (because I hate having to interact with others as much as I do, esp on phone, and having to negotiate on prices in project and stuff)
    I'm not quite the vector artist you are . Although that was some of my better work in design school, but I haven't had the motivation to cultivate it further, because my print design job drains me. The last thing I want to do when I get home is open up illustrator.

I'm going to go ahead blame being an N also , but it's easy for me to get swept up in ruminating over ideas instead of DOING stuff. I have to see some possibility for something to lead to something to have motivation; it seems Se types enjoy the doing more for its own sake, and so DO more. I'm always waiting for inspiration to strike me...and then the focus to follow through on something that doesn't immediately appear to go anywhere else.

But my main challenges with the freelance thing are just what you touch on & what I mentioned before:

- little to no direct interaction with clients/customers, no schmoozing or butt-kissing
    - work comes to me/is given to me, don't have to seek it out or be good at "networking" & all that hassle
    - paid enough & fairly without hassle

The first two are major weak spots for me also. I too need some kind of manager/go-between, but I once trusted someone with a similar task and they majorly screwed me over (don't mean to scare you, but be careful if you go that route!).

But it does give me hope that it's possible to be able to support yourself in such a way.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think I'd rather just get paid millions of bucks to do nothing. IOW, a fat cat.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I used to think it was being a writer, but I only enjoy being a writer creatively, on my own terms. I learned that being given writing assignments, even for pay, was a really draining experience. I think the only kind of writing I'd be interested in making a living out of would be writing novels or screenplays or short stories, and typically one has to have a day job to do that.

I'm getting certified in Reiki next month, and am probably going to build a career on being some kind of one-on-one consultation naturopath, probably preventative and alternative medicine with things like Reiki, therapeutic massage, probably Rolfing and eventually also as a yoga instructor.

I thought about going to culinary school, but again I'm afraid that cooking for money would take the joy out of cooking for me, where as I've learned from being in the adult entertainment business that I could happily and successfully work with people one-on-one in some kind of mind/body healing capacity, I don't feel "wrong" taking money for it, I feel like I'm helping people, and it doesn't burn me out on any of the creative stuff that I do as a hobby. Being involved in certified healing arts would take any nudity or topic of sexuality out of the equation, so its something I could build a more long-term career out of.

I really thought I was going to go to culinary school for a while; and I still might. I know a woman who is a yoga instructor who began as a musician and who now has a vegan catering business on the side.

All things are possible for the free, creative, enlightened person.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4/9

Im gonna try and b mathematicain, or very less likely an entertainer. I don't know yet I'm just a senior in high school. I want 2 b n a STEM field. I luv these subjects alot.
    Hip! Hip! BOO!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Animal behaviorist working with young animals to give them a proper start in life
    (Foster parent for shelter kittens, Natural Horsemanship instructor, raising future service dogs, etc)

Blogger, writing about psychology and animal behaviourism in a way that is palatable, fun and educational

Fiction writer: of all lengths, and in a variety of genres.

Freelance writer for charities that I believe in.

Counsellor/Wellness therapist: holistic treatment for those who feel hurt, depressed, in need of reprieve and relaxation.

Nightclub singer: If I had the skills of a professional singer/entertainer, I might enjoy the stage just fine
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My dream job would be Poet, and I am working hard on making that dream come true. I have actually sold 2 poems for a birthday party and for a wedding. First one was for $50 and the second was for $20; I wanted to give them away, but the persons who commissioned them wanted to support me in my pursuits, so they paid me and told me to say I am a professional poet who has sold poems

I'd also write short stories and novellas, I am just too sporadic in my interests and inspirations to stick to a novels worth of writing. I have tried and it just veered off on too many tangents to be readable by anyone other than myself...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

My current dream job is becoming a therapist. I want to bring happiness into the lives of others and make people's days a little brighter each time they see me. It'd also be stimulating for me as I'd be able to learn more about so many different kinds of people. I think I wrote a lot more about this in another thread (possibly the TypeC Member Survey thread), so yeah.

For stretching it, I think it'd be AMAZING to be a singer. And not like autotuned singer. I'm talking like broadway-skilled singer. I think performing on stage with tons of people cheering for you sounds pretty damn awesome. And if I wrote my own music that would be even cooler, as I'd be able to put the message I want behind each song.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

I am not entirely sure. But I feel like I am pretty close to it.

If I could do what I do now, but not having to worry so much about finances, it would be ideal...at least for now.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I think I found mine.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My dream job right now would be to travel to remote locations and photograph the night sky, as well as other badass scenes. I'd like to combine my love of visual art with that of music, possibly creating my own soundscapes to accompany my own landscape photos or time-lapse photograpghy videos. Ideally, I'd work for myself and not have a boss or have to deal with BS office politics or big egos with legs you encounter everywhere in every field.