User Tag List

First 34567 Last

apparently i am the problem, i guess i have ADD problems. i was thinking that disorder is not "disorder" and cant be a problem but then i met a guy who really has problem with school bc of it and figured my "add" is even bigger than his. As much as i was always good in school my focus sucked big time and that prevented me from going deep into stuff, so i just learned to pass (though i always had all As but it was always stretched and with minimal effort, so I managed to hide my "ADD")
    even when i went to med school deep down in myself i knew i cant do it be ause i cant study that much but i managed to fool everyone to believe in me and that i can do it. I look more "careeristic" or able than i am.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

When your interest does run out, you will have to pull your finger out and make a push towards achieving something that they can't take away from you. If you had an interest once, then it's always possible for it to come full circle and strike again. I've spoken to the dean of education of my university, and he told me that motivation for learning starts off at an average level during school, then makes a slump for the first years of university, but it slowly builds to a point where it's higher than ever. So if you push far enough, chances are, you will hit that point, gain momentum and suddenly pull it out of nowhere.

After you make a mistake, fix it, move on with that experience and share your wisdom. I really think 7/8 year courses like that are a joke, it's probably just the university trying to make more money from you.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    apparently i am the problem, i guess i have ADD problems. i was thinking that disorder is not "disorder" and cant be a problem but then i met a guy who really has problem with school bc of it and figured my "add" is even bigger than his. As much as i was always good in school my focus sucked big time and that prevented me from going deep into stuff, so i just learned to pass (though i always had all As but it was always stretched and with minimal effort, so I managed to hide my "ADD")
    even when i went to med school deep down in myself i knew i cant do it be ause i cant study that much but i managed to fool everyone to believe in me and that i can do it. I look more "careeristic" or able than i am.
    Hmm... I don't know about that. That's a much over-used diagnosis. (Not trying to underplay a possible illness), but it sounds like you're more interested in learning about a lot of things and finding out what's right. About normal for somebody starting college. Don't let potential or real ADD get you down, that's something that you'll just have to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    When your interest does run out, you will have to pull your finger out and make a push towards achieving something that they can't take away from you. If you had an interest once, then it's always possible for it to come full circle and strike again. I've spoken to the dean of education of my university, and he told me that motivation for learning starts off at an average level during school, then makes a slump for the first years of university, but it slowly builds to a point where it's higher than ever. So if you push far enough, chances are, you will hit that point, gain momentum and suddenly pull it out of nowhere.

After you make a mistake, fix it, move on with that experience and share your wisdom. I really think 7/8 year courses like that are a joke, it's probably just the university trying to make more money from you.
    That's true, too. Things get a lot more interesting on an in depth level. First couple of years of undergrad, (American anyway) is gruelingly boring.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

I went pretty deep in medicine ( they say you learn everything in first 3 yrs and after is just repeating) to see what it is and found it boring as hell. Repetitive. You just follow some pre-established algoritm over and over again. On different people.

I guess its the same with most jobs. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Problem is I dont have time to learn about a lot things and then figure out... I need to decide in less than a month. Psychology vs. computers vs. medicine (i think i can safely say i eliminated this completely)

and btw KoD, no, if i drop out now I can never again go to med school in my country; dropping 2nd time i lose rights. Sounds scary when i think about it. but i think i am not for doctor really. I went for it for the wrong reasons ( i have family full of MDs and in senior yr of hs my dad got cancer so i was very influenced by that so i made over-night decision and went to med school :stupid

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I went pretty deep in medicine ( they say you learn everything in first 3 yrs and after is just repeating) to see what it is and found it boring as hell. Repetitive. You just follow some pre-established algoritm over and over again. On different people.

I guess its the same with most jobs. Maybe my expectations are too high.
    Yep, perhaps this is true . I'm still trying to think, but I'm not coming up with much. I don't have enough information I guess. (Would need to know you better.)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

thanks for trying to help anyway

i guess ill just go for psychology

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

thanks for trying to help anyway

i guess ill just go for psychology
    yeah... for now... keep us updated though, i'll be interested to know. I think we're going to be kind of limited with our career knowledge here, we're not career counselors. I don't really know what a lot of jobs are like.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

sure, i ll keep u posted

i even considered going to career counselors but it seems to me like just a waste of time:/
    ds theyll give me holland codes and wtv.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    i just saw this part... oh no, they are not trying to make money on me - education is completely free here! I wont pay a penny!
    at least something

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

i just saw this part... oh no, they are not trying to make money on me - education is completely free here! I wont pay a penny!
    at least something
    :O that would explain why they're kicking you out of the course if you don't come back in a month.
    5 3 9