User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i personally think whatever route you go it should be something you have a sustained passion for and has many different directions for you to take.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I dont have sustained passion for anything ( if sustained means lasting). i guess that is my main problem.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

If you want to be self-employed you either need an idea to market or some peculiar skill to sell, then some connections. With the right personality, it's not THAT hard, especially the second option (the first is subordinated to the whims of inspiration)...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

i know that, i dont think it is difficult at all.. but for now my main problem is what will i go to school for.. i need to have some degree.....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I had a nice long discussion with one of my lecturers last week, and he told me that once you have a degree in almost any field, you could end up anywhere because from that point on, the only thing that counts is your ambition from there on. Once you finish your degree, you start somewhere small and boring, and work your way to where you wish to be from there. Jobs in my country at least are very dynamic because of their contractual nature, I'm guessing yours are similar. So, even if you don't like the degree you've put yourself into, it might be best for you to finish it, and perhaps dip your toe into the workplace, then maneuver to where you fancy from there .

Think about how much you're wasting by not completing your degree? How much of what you've already done could be salvaged? It's no good if you have to start all over again from absolutely nothing.
    5 3 9

KoD, I have more studying until the end of medicine than if I restart most things, because 1 year od medicine is more than what many people I know have been studying in 3 years in most other fields... so its completely unrealistic in my case since i dont have interest in it and i am not disciplined person at all and never will be disciplined that much. I tried already 2x, last time was my biggest life failure that I went back. and i went exactly for reasons you mentioned "b i already invested this much in it"
    also it is very unlikely that i would be able to have career in example psychology - science work with degree in medicine.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    KoD, I have more studying until the end of medicine than if I restart most things, because 1 year od medicine is more than what many people I know have been studying in 3 years in most other fields... so its completely unrealistic in my case since i dont have interest in it and i am not disciplined person at all and never will be disciplined that much. I tried already 2x, last time was my biggest life failure that I went back. and i went exactly for reasons you mentioned "b i already invested this much in it"
    also it is very unlikely that i would be able to have career in example psychology - science work with degree in medicine.
    Oh right, I assumed you'd picked a shorter medicine degree , well, maybe you would be best off cutting your losses, a degree that takes so much longer than a normal degree doesn't seem worth it at all, unless you're hell bent on the profession. I think psychology might be a little too whimsical though, is there anything that you could do that still retains some of what you've learned from doing medicine? I know you mentioned that you've done chemistry and not liked it much, but it might be quite worth salvaging that chemistry, right? You don't want to idealize too much when you're considering a career, I know I've made that mistake before.
    5 3 9

no there is nothing that "transfers"; whatever i start it is 3yrs BSc + 1,5-2yrs MS degree. Medicine is integrated study where i come from - 6 yrs o MS and M.D., if you drop out after 4,5 etc you have nothing.

i absolutely hate chemistry and have ZERO interest in it so i think i will pass anything that has to do with it... or physiology, anatomy, biology , immunology etc i am a bit glad i know these things but i wish i never did

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    no there is nothing that "transfers"; whatever i start it is 3yrs BSc + 1,5-2yrs MS degree. Medicine is integrated study where i come from - 6 yrs o MS and M.D., if you drop out after 4,5 etc you have nothing.

i absolutely hate chemistry and have ZERO interest in it so i think i will pass anything that has to do with it... or physiology, anatomy, biology , immunology etc i am a bit glad i know these things but i wish i never did
    :\

well then there really isn't much you can do but start up nice and fresh. Will you be able to come back and finish off the Medicine if you change your mind halfway though? I hate the idea of getting nothing out of 4 years, I'm thinking you'll at least be able to use that on your resume, it could be quite a good selling point.
    5 3 9

So what would be your dream job if you could do anything you wanted? What are you good at?
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari