• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Certification

Sunny Ghost

Has anyone here done it? Does anyone on this thread actually work with and distribute meyers brigg type indicator for a living?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've wondered this myself. I also wonder if becoming an MBTI certified tester could bring in some good money. Anyone?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It would be awesome to get paid to work with groups doing MBTI seminars! You could probably make a living doing a couple of seminars or work shops a month. I recently looked in to having someone come to my old job to administer the test and talk about our results. It was pretty expensive, ranged from $1000 to $5000!

Sunny Ghost

well, i've been thinking about doing this for a while now. at some point in my life at least. i just can't decide if i would need an actual degree alongside it or not. :thinking: degree first? than certification? or skip the degree, just get certified? or skip the certification altogether, not worth while?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought you had to have a degree before being able to get certified, like a masters in Human Resouces, or Psychology or sumthin like that. I could be wrong though.

Sunny Ghost

I was curious of that also, as when I was researching online, I didn't come across anything noting that.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I looked into it, and there did seem to be that requirement, but I got the impression it could be got round. I'm not sure if the requirements are different in the states.
I'm going to hold off, because It's my intention to start studying Psych part time next year anyway(as well as start a business, LOL). I must say I was a little surprised though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would expect the real money to be in getting corporations to consult with you for their entire employee base....

Mole

Permabanned
If we were to do a degree in Psychology, with Psychometrics as our major, at a reputable University, we would discover that MBTI is a fake personality test used by the military/industrial complex to manipulate recruits and employees.

We would discover MBTI has the same truth value as astrology, phrenology, tarot, homeopathy and alchemy.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Would you be willing to elaborate on how it is used to manipulate?

He means that all type descriptions are made to fit into our Western value oriented society, but would suck big time if you'ld try to describe the Arabian World, China or traditional Russia with it. The types are oriented towards our working environment and are therefore no real measurement for the answer people could be seeking in a quest for self.

If you want to teach it tho to people to become more happy with their jobs, good luck I hope you are successful. I only hope I wont live until the day in which I have to be a certain mbti type to get accepted in a job interview

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The whole point of it being taught in the work force in this day in age is to help people understand eachothers differences in communication styles....right?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Teachers don't always put a label to an MBTI type! Mine didn't...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The whole point of it being taught in the work force in this day in age is to help people understand eachothers differences in communication styles....right?

What you are doing with your powers is your choice.

Sunny Ghost

Honestly, I would be far more interested in counseling than anything. And though it's useful as a career tool, I find it far more useful in understanding one's strengths and weaknesses. Using myself as an example, and I suppose the reason for why I became attracted to mbti in the first place, is because I basically saw myself as a screw up, that was overemotional, horrible at school, way too impulsive, etc. It helped me to understand myself and over time accept myself, as well as work on my weak areas, and be proud of myself for my strengths. I think too many people are led down the path they are on, simply because of societal pressure to do so, or family pressure, etc. and have difficulty finding pleasure in their lives. But this is where I see understanding one's own type as useful. "Perhaps I'm not meant for the traditional route, because I'm not a traditional person, and I don't see things the same as traditionalist or rationalist and therefore, I fore go trying, as it won't bring me personal happiness, the goal of every man. And instead, find a road that will make ME happy." Understanding that I am an introverted feeler has really helped me to put a perspective on where I fit in, and why I don't in others.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Orobas is certified.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He means that all type descriptions are made to fit into our Western value oriented society, but would suck big time if you'ld try to describe the Arabian World, China or traditional Russia with it. The types are oriented towards our working environment and are therefore no real measurement for the answer people could be seeking in a quest for self.

If you want to teach it tho to people to become more happy with their jobs, good luck I hope you are successful. I only hope I wont live until the day in which I have to be a certain mbti type to get accepted in a job interview

Really? You couldn't describe the traditional Russian or Arabic world with it? How come I've met an Iranian ISTJ and an ENTJ who had never been outside of Russia in his life until he came to the U.S. for a few months? (yes, they both actually took the test, and I knew the ISTJ was an ISTJ before he took it, and knew the ENTJ was an ENxJ before he took it).

I think functionality/function order explains all, no matter which culture, bro. Anyone who can't differentiate between cultures probably has too shallow of an understanding of personality theory.