• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

xxxPs and Timesheets

gromit

likes this
Any other Ps have to do timesheets for work? Does it make you want to die? How do you keep track? I need some P-friendly tips.

We're supposed to be billable to the 1/2 hr increment. :sadbanana:

Js also welcome to respond...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
No, thankfully. I remember you telling me about these and they sound terrifying. Can you invent your own meetings? I would definitely do that.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:rofl1:

i am terrible at them. i always forget. i keep a notebook at work - i just hide it somewhere inconspicuous - and every day before i leave i write down how long i worked. and then when it comes time for the timesheet i pull out my notebook.

gromit

likes this
That is a very good idea skylights.

At the end of the work day though isn't work the last thing you want to be thinking about?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I had to deal with them I would text myself at the beginning and end of every shift and would go by my phone records for a time sheet :)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Make it a habit ... do you submit your timesheet on paper or electronically?

I used to keep an excel version of the timesheet on my desktop. (The time invested to make it pales in comparison to the time saved by having to think about it.) Then, the habit part. Before you turn off the comp, you open the excel file, add your hours that day, takes 30 seconds and bam, you are done. And if you make a nice timesheet, it will add the columns for you and no other thinking necessary.

:)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I submit my timesheet electronically and I'm always afraid I'll forget. The payperiod where I work is every two weeks so I cope by having Google email me an auto-reminder twice a month.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i had to do time sheets too.
i filled it out on the day i have submit it.
and used my calendar as a reference.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I recall correctly, there are a few xxxP attorneys on this forum. I'm sure they're very good at it!

I do a timesheet. I keep a calendar to help with it.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Thank goodness where I work utilizes an electronic system where you (as an employee) get a number and use it to punch in and out.

Doesn't change the fact that I often forget to clock in or out and then have to go back later and write my times in - defeating the purpose of the convenience of the electronic system. :rolli:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've had paper and electronic. Since it was, and is, government-related, *we* get to bill down to the 10th of an hour! Yes thats right, the 10th of an hour. Every six minutes. Yes sir. Yippers.

Anyways, most of our work is usually hours long, so today might read like 4.5 hours for program 1, 2.5 hours for program 2, 1 hr for program 3.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ lol every six minutes. that's funny.

That is a very good idea skylights.

At the end of the work day though isn't work the last thing you want to be thinking about?

:laugh:

actually it wasn't even my idea, it was a common thing for employees to do at a job i had a long time ago, and i've just used it again. and yeah, a little, but i think in some ways it was great, like HAH 60 DOLLARS FOR ME TODAY lol

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
J and I hate timesheets. I hate micromanagement of anything.

I worked at a CPA firm where we had to do it down to 7.5 minute increments (8ths). It was horrible.
Now I work internally and we still do timesheets, even though we aren't billing out to clients. I mean, I understand the time budgeting, but really?

G

garbage

I technically must bill 40 hours a week (or "100%") across several different contracts, but I often work more (and sometimes less) than that. It doesn't really matter how much I work in total, though, since I must bill 100%.

So, I'm forced to write something down that meets my contractual obligations and just maintain a "that's good enough" mentality about it :shrug:

If I were at one of those places that charges in 15 minute intervals, I'd probably just.. lie about it.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I had to do some for this random job I had on campus a year ago. To be honest, the person I was making them for was also an extreme P like myself, and was totally cool with me making them up as I went along...just as long as they seemed logically consistent, I could do so.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do mine as I go (write it up when I come and go), but then I do alot of on call and over time. There's no frakkin' way I could keep track otherwise. When I was doing rotating rosters, I'd use my phone organisor.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
J leaning P -- I have to do them but the good thing is, they know I'm a spaz about it and am only doing it to please them and whatever I write on there may or may not be correct. So half the time I turn mine in and get back an email, um, my records show you were off on Tuesday, were you off on Tuesday? and I'll say it wouldn't surprise me, and they go in and fix it. They don't need to ask my permission anymore to go into my time card, they can write anything they want in there because I don't care.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Ive no interest in time sheets. When I start my internship as a lawyer, I'll have to develop a strategy of dealing with it. So far, I've avoided the problem all together. In the work force, I've always thought ahead and attacked the issue days before scheduling is processed. This is one of the few subjects in which I'm forced to think ahead, otherwise I'd just clock in and move on.

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
I hate time sheets:/... I have this bad habit of losing them too... So I started keeping it in a bright colored notebook then writing it down on the time sheet day be4 im supposed to turn it in,lol...