User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thea View Post
    I always sit at the very front at classes that I'm interested in like Biology and Physics. I also therefore tend to get better marks in them.
    I think your grades say more about your interest in the subject than the location you sit in the class.

In fact, I'll be bold and say I know it does. Thinking the location in the class itself says something about your grade is nothing more than shallow thinking.

The only reasons that could make a difference between location in class is bad eyesight and/or hearing. In which cases it should be obvious that front in the class is better, and you know when you should do this if you find yourself in the back of the class not being able to follow what is being taught. xD
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I usually sit in the back, in any corner. That way I can eat, text, or do any work for other classes. I really hate my major, yet run my own successful (and growing) business, so now I'm just aiming to pass and keep my degree as a back-up. Unless I'm desperate, I have no desire to pursue Accounting - ever.

My GPA sucks. 3.3. I'm fucking jealous of everyone here getting all A's. Am I just stupid?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I usually sit in the back, in any corner. That way I can eat, text, or do any work for other classes. I really hate my major, yet run my own successful (and growing) business, so now I'm just aiming to pass and keep my degree as a back-up.
    When my small business started to get better, I also found troublesome to keep up my grades (I still managed somehow, thanks to much coffee and a major I liked), since differently from my classmates I couldn't exactly see the point of learning something with money as aim, when I was generating income via completely unrelated sources. Ofc as I said before, I liked some classes and I also enjoy the environment somehow, but whenever I didn't like whatever I was taking, studying became 10X harder than before...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    When my small business started to get better, I also found troublesome to keep up my grades (I still managed somehow, thanks to much coffee and a major I liked), since differently from my classmates I couldn't exactly see the point of learning something with money as aim, when I was generating income via completely unrelated sources. Ofc as I said before, I liked some classes and I also enjoy the environment somehow, but whenever I didn't like whatever I was taking, studying became 10X harder than before...
    So true. Objectively, it shouldn't matter whether I like a course or not - things need to be done.

But even when I do tape myself down in a chair to study this stuff:

http://www.iasplus.com/agenda/converge-ias19.htm

I end up just skimming the page, not absorbing anything. So it's a waste.

But yet in my higher level math, stats, econ & phys courses - which I really enjoyed - I got straight A's.

:steam:

Actually, this grade-enjoyment correlation might suggest that I'm an F.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I usually sit in the back, in any corner. That way I can eat, text, or do any work for other classes. I really hate my major, yet run my own successful (and growing) business, so now I'm just aiming to pass and keep my degree as a back-up. Unless I'm desperate, I have no desire to pursue Accounting - ever.

My GPA sucks. 3.3. I'm fucking jealous of everyone here getting all A's. Am I just stupid?
    Just that, can't really expect someone to do their best when they hate their major.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Presuming a student is actually interested in the first place...

A visual learner is likely to sit near the front, the important thing is that they can get an uninterrupted view of the people talking and any visual cues being used.

An auditory learner is likely to sit in the middle-ish, or near a speaker if they are being used, what matters most is that they can hear everything without interruptions.

A kinesthetic learner is likely to sit near the back/door so they can leave quietly when they get bored and/or play with rubberbands without getting in trouble.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

See it that way: paper dove test track goes from the back of the class to the teachers desk

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BypvjsBv4iU"].[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

A visual learner is likely to sit near the front, the important thing is that they can get an uninterrupted view of the people talking and any visual cues being used.

An auditory learner is likely to sit in the middle-ish, or near a speaker if they are being used, what matters most is that they can hear everything without interruptions.

A kinesthetic learner is likely to sit near the back/door so they can leave quietly when they get bored and/or play with rubberbands without getting in trouble.
    I lately figured again that I am a kinesthetic learner. I always sit next to the door so I can escape anytime or be the first who's out of class
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

Funny.

I always sit to the right of the teacher and in the middle of the room.

MBTI
    INTJ

Window... middle place.. depends about sun conditions/cover and so on. Later i become more keen on a place with a good view still but close to a window, also a good gain having someone good closeby to look at or work with.. Ended up next to my ISTP friend that i also lived with.

Grade? well in my class we where only three persons at the end.. 10 at the start. i had the best in the things that i meant was relevant for my future work..

Average was a 4. the economy stuff pulled down.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't think it matters at all. I used to sit in the back in high school, with my pal Dave. He and I were total slackers and still got A's on everything.
    That says more about HS than about our intelligence.