• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does where you sit in class correlate with your grade?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always sit at the very front at classes that I'm interested in like Biology and Physics. I also therefore tend to get better marks in them.

I think your grades say more about your interest in the subject than the location you sit in the class.

In fact, I'll be bold and say I know it does. Thinking the location in the class itself says something about your grade is nothing more than shallow thinking.

The only reasons that could make a difference between location in class is bad eyesight and/or hearing. In which cases it should be obvious that front in the class is better, and you know when you should do this if you find yourself in the back of the class not being able to follow what is being taught. xD

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually sit in the back, in any corner. That way I can eat, text, or do any work for other classes. I really hate my major, yet run my own successful (and growing) business, so now I'm just aiming to pass and keep my degree as a back-up. Unless I'm desperate, I have no desire to pursue Accounting - ever.

My GPA sucks. 3.3. I'm fucking jealous of everyone here getting all A's. Am I just stupid?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I usually sit in the back, in any corner. That way I can eat, text, or do any work for other classes. I really hate my major, yet run my own successful (and growing) business, so now I'm just aiming to pass and keep my degree as a back-up.

When my small business started to get better, I also found troublesome to keep up my grades (I still managed somehow, thanks to much coffee and a major I liked), since differently from my classmates I couldn't exactly see the point of learning something with money as aim, when I was generating income via completely unrelated sources. Ofc as I said before, I liked some classes and I also enjoy the environment somehow, but whenever I didn't like whatever I was taking, studying became 10X harder than before...

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When my small business started to get better, I also found troublesome to keep up my grades (I still managed somehow, thanks to much coffee and a major I liked), since differently from my classmates I couldn't exactly see the point of learning something with money as aim, when I was generating income via completely unrelated sources. Ofc as I said before, I liked some classes and I also enjoy the environment somehow, but whenever I didn't like whatever I was taking, studying became 10X harder than before...

So true. Objectively, it shouldn't matter whether I like a course or not - things need to be done.

But even when I do tape myself down in a chair to study this stuff:

http://www.iasplus.com/agenda/converge-ias19.htm

I end up just skimming the page, not absorbing anything. So it's a waste.

But yet in my higher level math, stats, econ & phys courses - which I really enjoyed - I got straight A's.

:steam:

Actually, this grade-enjoyment correlation might suggest that I'm an F.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually sit in the back, in any corner. That way I can eat, text, or do any work for other classes. I really hate my major, yet run my own successful (and growing) business, so now I'm just aiming to pass and keep my degree as a back-up. Unless I'm desperate, I have no desire to pursue Accounting - ever.

My GPA sucks. 3.3. I'm fucking jealous of everyone here getting all A's. Am I just stupid?

Just that, can't really expect someone to do their best when they hate their major.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Presuming a student is actually interested in the first place...

A visual learner is likely to sit near the front, the important thing is that they can get an uninterrupted view of the people talking and any visual cues being used.

An auditory learner is likely to sit in the middle-ish, or near a speaker if they are being used, what matters most is that they can hear everything without interruptions.

A kinesthetic learner is likely to sit near the back/door so they can leave quietly when they get bored and/or play with rubberbands without getting in trouble.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
See it that way: paper dove test track goes from the back of the class to the teachers desk :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BypvjsBv4iU"].[/YOUTUBE]

A visual learner is likely to sit near the front, the important thing is that they can get an uninterrupted view of the people talking and any visual cues being used.

An auditory learner is likely to sit in the middle-ish, or near a speaker if they are being used, what matters most is that they can hear everything without interruptions.

A kinesthetic learner is likely to sit near the back/door so they can leave quietly when they get bored and/or play with rubberbands without getting in trouble.

I lately figured again that I am a kinesthetic learner. I always sit next to the door so I can escape anytime or be the first who's out of class :D

wolfy

awsm

Funny.

I always sit to the right of the teacher and in the middle of the room.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Window... middle place.. depends about sun conditions/cover and so on. Later i become more keen on a place with a good view still but close to a window, also a good gain having someone good closeby to look at or work with.. Ended up next to my ISTP friend that i also lived with.

Grade? well in my class we where only three persons at the end.. 10 at the start. i had the best in the things that i meant was relevant for my future work..

Average was a 4. the economy stuff pulled down.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think it matters at all. I used to sit in the back in high school, with my pal Dave. He and I were total slackers and still got A's on everything.
That says more about HS than about our intelligence.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ha! Yea, kinesthetic learner here. I learn by reading the material and rewriting it, or repeating it out loud. I comprehend the material by making a video in my head about how the material fits together. (Visuals in books help with the video. Labs help. Hands on learning/ clinicals help.) No lecture needed, except to answer questions where somehow there was a video fail in my head, (there is some sort of a disconnect in the material, and the video I've created in my head doesn't make sense.) I sit all over the place in class. I don't really have a preference. I hate class. I've always been an A/B student.

Edit: I noticed that people like to obsessively sit in the same seat all the time. I hate getting stuck in the same seat because people don't like to move around. I find it more exciting to move around and sit near different people. It makes the treachery of having to go to lecture much better.

SRT

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
I try to sit in a different seat until I find one that's comfortable. Normally front-middle on the right. But that doesn't always last, and sometimes I get bored being stuck in the same seat, so I'll switch it up from time to time. Just to get the other kids to change up their routine a little.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I have very poor eyesight so I sit in the front where I have the best view of the chalkboard/projector screen. If I had my choice though, I would sit in the back. I learn by repetitive reading and note-taking.