User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    infp

I like the back because I like being able to see the whole room and see the people putting up their hands to talk. It does make it easier to not pay attention, as well, of course. My GPA is very, very average... I'm not sure what it is but I get a mix of good and bad grades that end up being average overall.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

My GPA is fucking horrendous, probably around 2.3 or so. I'm most likely in the bottom half of my grade. When comes to actual intelligence, though, I'm by far the smartest person both in my grade and possibly the entire school.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Oops, I read the thread as "does class position correlate with your grade", meaning is class position a good indicator of success or something like that.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

To answer the question: I'm in High School so most seats are assigned. When we are free to pick where to sit, I usually go for the closest desk to me at the time of picking. I don't think this has significant correlation with GPA, though.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Back corner, more As than Bs. The back corner is also for those who enjoy coming to class late.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I finished my bachelor's degree with a perfect 4.0 (For those who don't use the American system, that perfect A's). I generally sit in the very back row as far left as possible. In nearly all my courses I was in the far back left corner. I choose to stay in the back because I usually have a laptop, and it seems more polite to sit where your monitor isn't distracting anyone. (That, and admittedly I browse/chat/etc while in class sometimes.) I sit on the left side because I hear best out of my right ear.

I've had to move up to the front row for certain classes because of my hearing impairment. Soft-spoken female professors who don't use a mic are usually a problem for me, so I have to sit in the front row to hear them.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFX

My position in the classroom correlates with how well I can see what's going on; I get as close to the action as possible. I don't like having to wear glasses!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Cute girls sit near the front left when they're late....

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I always sit down somewhere else. Sitting in the same place everytime means routine to me and I hate routine. Besides, routine is unhealthy. I believe having too much routine in your life makes it harder to learn something new and if you can't learn anything, you become more prone to dementia.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

In Germany there are no 'rows' per se; and we always have seminars with 15-30 people. In a semicircle arrangement I typically sit in the center because I can see better, have a better overview, and can focus better. I find most people like to sit on the sides. There are some people who always like to sit in the same place and others who migrate. I don't typically migrate unless I'm uncomfortable with the seating arrangement.