12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Default Professional Persona vs. Real Persona

Do any of you have a "work personality"? A behavior that you use exclusively at work/the corporate world?

I do. Instead of being perverted and spastic - I'm quite, solemn, and boring. Shy, not open to new experiences, and OVERLY POLITE AND FORMAL. ((I hate my workself...:steam)

What is yours like?
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

No, not at all...I hate changing personality.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My work personality is at its core paranoid defensiveness cloaked in genial aloofness and mercurial effectiveness and productivity with a tinge of contrarianism. Mostly the higher ups try hard to not interact with me, I may as well show up everyday in a pink suit with polka dot cutouts.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chachamaru View Post
    Do any of you have a "work personality"? A behavior that you use exclusively at work/the corporate world?

I do. Instead of being perverted and spastic - I'm quite, solemn, and boring. Shy, not open to new experiences, and OVERLY POLITE AND FORMAL. ((I hate my workself...:steam)

What is yours like?
    I am so glad you posted this. Heres why. I am pretty convinced I'm an ENFP. But certain stereotypes have made me doubt it time and time again. One of these being that E's will usually present the same face at work as they do in their private life, where as I's are more likely to have two different faces. Supposedly this is because it is difficult for a E to hinder or hide their true selves for long. When I have worked in a very cool environment and developed close friendships with my co workers, my goofball self totally comes out. I really enjoy these jobs. But I have also worked for big corp whore financial companies, with lots of fake people looking to ladder climb and throw you under the bus. In these situations I tended to lay low, off the radar, remain overly professional, and only seek and connect with other people that are sincere and good intentioned, sometimes being viewed as an "elitist." hahah. assholes.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I aim to be myself at work but I try calm down a bit at work, emotionally and the thought process. So, I'm a bit more lame at work than otherwise.

MBTI
    INFP

Mine's pretty much the same

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Both my professional and real personas are reserved but in a friendly sort of way. Both personas are flexible and curious. At work, I'm more poised and less likely to allow my vulnerabilities to show. I can't indulge in introspection much at work as I have to be receptive to the customers. I'm more self-disciplined at work than at home but I think that's true for a lot of people.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my work self = ME - laziness
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Feeling like I couldn't act the same at work as I did outside of it was one of the big indicators that I wasn't doing what I needed to be doing career-wise, in the past.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INtP

I'm pretty different at work than I am at home, actually. At home / with friends I'm quiet, calm, introspective, and shy-friendly. At work, I can't be. I'm always under quite a bit of stress at work, and am forced to be decisive, procedural (I still fight that tooth and nail, as much as I can without risking losing my job) and take charge in most conversations that I'm involved in. I won't say that it's not good for me to do a bit of that... but I think that the forced behavior thing has a pretty large effect on my job stress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]