Thread: Homework

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

Default Homework

How do you deal with homework? Are you easily frustrated by it or is it a breeze?

I am easily frustrated with school, but especially with essays. I don't like the structure, I hate the BS involved. Homework itself is just about the worst when it comes to life's banalities. I can do it, I just really would prefer doing something useful with my time. /rant

:steam:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

In case it wasn't obvious, I have a lot of homework to do.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

"By the way, what does a decent chap talk about with the greatest possible pleasure?
    Answer: about himself.
    Very well, so I will talk about myself."
    - from Dostoevsky's Notes From The Underground

Anyway, my relationship to homework is remarkably fantastic when the homework in question consists of reading and gathering data/research. I love reading! And I rather enjoy fishing for all kinds of information and putting ideas together in my head.
    On the other hand, my relationship with homework is drastically different when the homework in question requires me to produce a finalized version of my thoughts and ideas. Case in point: papers. I dislike writing them for a similar reason as you - which is, of course, the structure... but perhaps my issue with it stems more from the fact that I often have a difficult time organizing my own thoughts and confining them to words, sentences, paragraphs, and so on. Besides, I dislike conclusions... I'd rather keep some things open-ended and continue considering the options and thinking about the implications rather than closing the case. (It seems like I'm describing myself as someone crippled by chronic indecisiveness... yet that's not exactly so. Hmm.)

Also, if it wasn't obvious, I should be writing a paper on Dostoevsky right now.

Glycerine

I like writing much more than reading..... haha. I procrastinate like CRAZY. I should be failing with the amount of time I waste.

Glycerine

I have 100+ pages to read and 4 tests next week. I haven't done anything....with 3 upper level courses and an intro class.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Cram it all at the last minute. Then usually get too tired to do it and half-ass it then fall asleep. Sleep is more important to me than finishing an assignment. I can't make myself care that much about grades to miss sleep.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

urgh! homework is my kryptonite. the mere mention of it leaves me writhing and whimpering on the floor and drenched in my own sweat and tears. Babies have more dignity than i do at that moment.

NPcomplete

Of course I dislike homework! It's always preventing me from doing interesting stuff. That said, I enjoy some kinds of homework, especially when I've already clicked with the subject. I also like math homework because it helps me earn bragging rights. I don't have enough math courses, siiiigh.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

It depends on the homework.

I loathe art homework, as it means I'll be spending a majority of my time working on them. It's not like anything else where you can just study for a bit and be okay with the material. There are time requirements on the work (for example, one project due in a week has to be done in at least 12 hours in order to get a decent grade, but put more time into it if you have any left and you'll do better)

As of now, I want to rip my brains out and scream because of art homework.

Other homework, like essays, questions, aka. normal homework, I don't mind at all....If I have the time to do them and don't have to sacrifice basic human needs in order to get them done.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

It all depends on whether you are actually interested in the material. It always sucked having to do BS essays on superficial material in high school.

But in general, I don't do homework. that's why I prefer subjects like Math or Science where you can do all the study at the last minute.

On the other hand, having homework due can do wonders in terms of procrastination, for example you are much more likely to vacuum the house when homework is due.