• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Homework

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
How do you deal with homework? Are you easily frustrated by it or is it a breeze?

I am easily frustrated with school, but especially with essays. I don't like the structure, I hate the BS involved. Homework itself is just about the worst when it comes to life's banalities. I can do it, I just really would prefer doing something useful with my time. /rant

:steam:

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
In case it wasn't obvious, I have a lot of homework to do. :)

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
"By the way, what does a decent chap talk about with the greatest possible pleasure?
Answer: about himself.
Very well, so I will talk about myself."
- from Dostoevsky's Notes From The Underground

Anyway, my relationship to homework is remarkably fantastic when the homework in question consists of reading and gathering data/research. I love reading! And I rather enjoy fishing for all kinds of information and putting ideas together in my head.
On the other hand, my relationship with homework is drastically different when the homework in question requires me to produce a finalized version of my thoughts and ideas. Case in point: papers. I dislike writing them for a similar reason as you - which is, of course, the structure... but perhaps my issue with it stems more from the fact that I often have a difficult time organizing my own thoughts and confining them to words, sentences, paragraphs, and so on. Besides, I dislike conclusions... I'd rather keep some things open-ended and continue considering the options and thinking about the implications rather than closing the case. (It seems like I'm describing myself as someone crippled by chronic indecisiveness... yet that's not exactly so. Hmm.)

Also, if it wasn't obvious, I should be writing a paper on Dostoevsky right now.

G

Glycerine

I like writing much more than reading..... haha. I procrastinate like CRAZY. I should be failing with the amount of time I waste.

G

Glycerine

I have 100+ pages to read and 4 tests next week. :) I haven't done anything....with 3 upper level courses and an intro class. :doh:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Cram it all at the last minute. Then usually get too tired to do it and half-ass it then fall asleep. Sleep is more important to me than finishing an assignment. I can't make myself care that much about grades to miss sleep.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
urgh! homework is my kryptonite. the mere mention of it leaves me writhing and whimpering on the floor and drenched in my own sweat and tears. Babies have more dignity than i do at that moment.

N

NPcomplete

Of course I dislike homework! It's always preventing me from doing interesting stuff. That said, I enjoy some kinds of homework, especially when I've already clicked with the subject. I also like math homework because it helps me earn bragging rights. I don't have enough math courses, siiiigh.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It depends on the homework.

I loathe art homework, as it means I'll be spending a majority of my time working on them. It's not like anything else where you can just study for a bit and be okay with the material. There are time requirements on the work (for example, one project due in a week has to be done in at least 12 hours in order to get a decent grade, but put more time into it if you have any left and you'll do better)

As of now, I want to rip my brains out and scream because of art homework.

Other homework, like essays, questions, aka. normal homework, I don't mind at all....If I have the time to do them and don't have to sacrifice basic human needs in order to get them done.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
It all depends on whether you are actually interested in the material. It always sucked having to do BS essays on superficial material in high school.

But in general, I don't do homework. that's why I prefer subjects like Math or Science where you can do all the study at the last minute. ;)

On the other hand, having homework due can do wonders in terms of procrastination, for example you are much more likely to vacuum the house when homework is due.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh god, no. Hate it. If I'm interested in a topic, I will look it up either way, but forcing me to do it doesn't make much sense.
Homework should be restricted to high school, yuck. :doh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah I'm suppose to be doing homework now, instead I'll probably end up staying up late and getting up early to get it all done. I don't like homework, I love classes and class discussion, but I hate homework.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm procrastinating again. Why do I do this?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like writing much more than reading..... haha. I procrastinate like CRAZY. I should be failing with the amount of time I waste.

dittoooo

I loathe art homework, as it means I'll be spending a majority of my time working on them. It's not like anything else where you can just study for a bit and be okay with the material. There are time requirements on the work (for example, one project due in a week has to be done in at least 12 hours in order to get a decent grade, but put more time into it if you have any left and you'll do better)

this is why i did not major in graphic design. i dropped out a few months in. sometimes i think back on it and wonder if i could be making something really incredible now... but no, i could be if i really was passionate about it. i don't think i am.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Hate it. I hardcore procrastinate on things I don't want to do as well... That just adds to the stress. In fact, I've got HW to be doing right now.

Peace.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Essays: Hate 'em unless I like the topic, and unless I'm allowed to be creative (i.e. to write naturally and let my thoughts flow onto the page).
Studying for tests: Hate it unless there's a very specific study guide that I can treat like a checklist.
Everything else homework-related is a breeze.

But then again, I'm an ESTJ, so education is biased towards me, right? :shrug: Either way, I totally relate, with papers. And I procrastinate a lot with them, because I don't like writing them. Again, the exception is when I'm interested in the material - then I can get completely absorbed in it for hours at a time without getting frustrated or being in need of distraction.

Also, even if I'm interested in the material, I'll procrastinate if the homework stresses me out. Which is why I'm posting right now. :doh:

Cat_Cloud

MBTI Type
INtP
Homework. The bane of my exsistance. If I do it in a different place than normal I usually get more done. I dislike math homework above all, since it is the only type I have consistantly gotten nearly every single day of school for the last seven years. It's not hard, just tedious. Overall, I just don't like deadlines. Language, English, History, and Biology classes have generally enjoyable homework since I'm interested in the subjects. Physics in my school is a deluge of tediusness. No matter what the class, I usually procrastinate...

I sort of like papers, but some times organising my thoughts in to three or four concrete points is very difficult. I like to keep my thoughts open and I see everything as being connected, as 'one.' I usually end up writing in indefinates, and then having to go back and delete them. Reading is fun in most subjects. Chemistry homework causes me physical agony everytime I think of it.

Now I'll stop rambling and try to get something done...

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I hate worrying about homework all the time. As weird as it seems, I wouldn't mind a more structured environment for work that I don't like doing. If I could just do all my work at school during a designated time period where I had the resources at hand to do it and nothing else to do, I might make more of an effort. Having to make my own schedule basically just causes me to only do the things I care about.

Maybe I should just study things I care about more in school.