User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Have you ever walked out in the middle of a job interview?

Have you ever walked out in the middle of a job interview? Or seriously considered doing so? Maybe it became obvious in the interview that you would not like working at the place. Maybe you knew that you were answering the interview questions poorly. Maybe you got bad vibes from the hiring committee.

I had an interview yesterday and thought about saying that I'm sorry, I'm not as qualified for this job as I thought I was and calling it done. I had an interview where I was asked several questions on things I lack experience in. The job description didn't mention anything about these things. I still felt embarrased and wanted to hide.

I stuck the interview out though because I didn't want to be seen as a quitter. Maybe the organization will have a more suitable job for me in the future. So it's important to have a positive attitude if I ever want to be considered for future positions.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    YaYa

I walked in and was eventually greeted by the interviewer. He said I'd have to wait while he finished up the another interview. After he walked away I took off. Something about his personality and disregard for my time made me jet.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Not a job interview, but I applied to a school last spring and got pretty far with it (there are all kinds of tasks you need to go through for a week) and there was this committee that asked all kinds of things. One of them was somehow very angry all the time, almost like she didn't want me even applying. I didn't walk. But I didn't get chosen either.

Now, I have to choose this spring... will I try to get in again... it's not the fact that one of them was annoying, but that she is actually the boss of the division of the school I am trying to apply to, and I've seen that kind of attitude ruin a good school before... I don't know if I want to study with her... And as the school takes in only a couple of students each year, the chances are I would have to see her pretty much individually. I am quite sick of the thought.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILE

I've only ever had 2 job interviews, and those were for jobs I knew I already had. The thought of a 'real' interview is terrifying. I'd walk out mentally before it'd even begun... though I wouldn't actually walk out; I'd be frozen to the chair through fear.

yes. i'll just wrap it up quickly. i turn down interviews too.
    this is usually when they send a non decision maker to talk to me.

i want to talk to the person in charge. over drinks. like how adults do.
    i still never interview my staff at the office. always outside. equal playing field.
    let's see what they can do.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I can't imagine ever walking out physically, although I'll be more casual/honest about the questions if I think I won't get the job (one time I got the job anyway, surprisingly).

That's just....rude. I mean, unless the interviewer was rude first, I guess. Besides, you never know what will happen. Maybe if they like you and you don't want the job, they'll recommend you to their friend with an awesome job. Who knows. Saving 10 minutes of my time isn't worth being rude in this situation, for me.
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I can't imagine ever walking out physically, although I'll be more casual/honest about the questions if I think I won't get the job (one time I got the job anyway, surprisingly).

That's just....rude. I mean, unless the interviewer was rude first, I guess. Besides, you never know what will happen. Maybe if they like you and you don't want the job, they'll recommend you to their friend with an awesome job. Who knows. Saving 10 minutes of my time isn't worth being rude in this situation, for me.
    Yeah. Well said.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

No. I've walked out on a job though.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

One time I wished that I did, the boss acted like a jerk, seemed surprised that I came early and in general asked me questions in which I knew he definately thought I was underqualified. Which I could see aswell. When they went out to discuss this I should have taken my things and left. I would have said no, if they had given me the job anyways.

Another time I could see that I was nothing like one of the interviewers expected, she was so distant all through the interview. I dont think she even asked me anything. I knew that I wouldnt get the job, eventhough the man really liked me.

MBTI
    INTJ

I always stay. And i was as distant as a man can be without much sleep and no breakfast. I had worked late the night before with large quantities of white spirit. I got respect for that stuff now.

I managed to say hello twice to one of the interviewers. first in the hallway and then when we sat down. lol.
    And i was unable to answer intelligently at about everything they asked.

Later i for some fucked up reason i decided to go inn for a new interview just to check if my CV was that bad. It was a mechanic job at night, real crap job. They even reconised me lol.

They gave me the job and i stated that i had gotten a better job. Man... i could basically see hes long face trough the phone.