User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Colleges

MBTI
    ENTP

There are no colleges that are uniquely well suited to ENTPs. What matters more is your own interest in things. If you are interested in what you are studying, that is good. If you have a hard time dealing with subjects you don't care for, be wary of colleges with lots of requirements.

You should have already heard from all of the colleges, so I don't really know what your options are. A large school will at least give you many options (speaking as someone at a tiny place that does absolutely nothing but science), which prevents you from being sad that you cannot do a lot of majors. I dunno.

Also keep in mind that hard in college means something different than hard in high school. You will have options that match your ability reasonably well (as in, you are likely near average at a lot of your options). I figured that I had breezed through high school, no problem, so I shouldn't worry too much in college. I forgot that that isn't uncommon. Oops. When you're around average for your school, not working hard means failing. Do keep that in mind. If you aren't a lot better than average for your college, be prepared to work.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

college for ENTPs -- MIT. they have a longstanding tradition of intellectual pranking. lol

i went to a somewhat small liberal arts school, and i LOVED it. i have NTP friends who enjoy it too - though they probably could have done with less arts and literature fluff in the required curriculum, especially the INTPs.

good luck with your schools, antimony

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Thanks I really need the luck.

For those wondering why I am discussing this so late in the year- yes, I should have heard from colleges, and did. But I am doing comm college first and wanted some ideas which may be more well suited to my creative thinking. Pretty much, I need some direction for when I transfer. I don't want to end up at a college I wouldn't be as happy at as another.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Thanks I really need the luck.

For those wondering why I am discussing this so late in the year- yes, I should have heard from colleges, and did. But I am doing comm college first and wanted some ideas which may be more well suited to my creative thinking. Pretty much, I need some direction for when I transfer. I don't want to end up at a college I wouldn't be as happy at as another.
    I would visit the colleges... see if you can't pick some of the professors brains. Just a good idea.
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP
    Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Unfortunately, wouldn't that mean visiting in the Fall? I assume that professors try to not hang around school all through summer. I could compile a list of possible choices, and go over to pick their brains.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Unfortunately, wouldn't that mean visiting in the Fall? I assume that professors try to not hang around school all through summer. I could compile a list of possible choices, and go over to pick their brains.
    There are summer courses in many colleges, so it is possible. You could also ask the dean perhaps to have some type of arrangement. I'm sure it's rare that a student would wish to speak with some of the professors.
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    There are summer courses in many colleges, so it is possible. You could also ask the dean perhaps to have some type of arrangement. I'm sure it's rare that a student would wish to speak with some of the professors.
    Not a bad idea. I think more people should speak to professors. I make it my personal mission to get in with the professors/teachers I have had. More leniency for me, and I love making new friends! If I do this, I just need to make sure I don't hate the profs and have a bias against the school.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Not a bad idea. I think more people should speak to professors. I make it my personal mission to get in with the professors/teachers I have had. More leniency for me, and I love making new friends! If I do this, I just need to make sure I don't hate the profs and have a bias against the school.
    Well honestly, if you don't like the professors in your major, then don't let it discourage you... but it always helps to know who they hire.

ENTP

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    Well honestly, if you don't like the professors in your major, then don't let it discourage you... but it always helps to know who they hire.
    I suppose it would be good. It is looking like me going to the schools and infiltrating their system might be the best way to do it. I think I should go look into other threads about where people went to college. I am considering a small college, but I want to be able to change my mind frequently.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I suppose it would be good. It is looking like me going to the schools and infiltrating their system might be the best way to do it. I think I should go look into other threads about where people went to college. I am considering a small college, but I want to be able to change my mind frequently.
    I currently go to a small college... commuter as well. It's nice for an I... but as an ENTP I'd assume you might like a bigger college! Such a wider group of acquaintances that you meet. Every day for the rest of your 4 years you could meet someone new. Also, they are generally better funded and have more diverse programs so you're less likely to get bored.

ENTP

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral