User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: I'm terrified.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default I'm terrified.

I seem to be extremely low-energy. It seems that being a full-time student with a part time clerical job is too much with me. Now that I have a break my brain seems to have completely shut down.

How the fuck am I supposed to live in the real world?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Let your brain shut down for a bit. Not only is it okay, it's necessary. That's what these breaks are for. I never liked how college put the only Fall semester break near the very end.

What you are experiencing here is pretty normal for someone that has worked as hard as you have and is under as much stress as you are. In my opinion, working through college is harder than the "real world".

MBTI
    ENFJ

But, see, I don't have a job that requires me to stand.

MBTI
    ENFJ

And all this tsa stuff is making me physically ill...

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    But, see, I don't have a job that requires me to stand.
    Mental exhaustion can be worse than physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    And all this tsa stuff is making me physically ill...
    Do you have to travel much? Either way, you can make sure that whatever possessions you have with you both in the checked in baggage or carry-ons are not suspicious enough to attract the TSA's attention and in the majority of cases they're not. Follow the rules and you're fine. If you think that being visibly nervous is enough to attract their attention in a negative way, then don't worry about it, they're supposed to be trained to make the distinction of "normal" nervousness and the extremely suspicious behaviour. Besides, getting patted down or having your bags searched is not as awful as it may seem when it gets to that. It most likely will not. Getting beyond that is unlikely unless you have completely disregarded the baggage rules or you get completely out of control regarding your behaviour towards them. So, don't let your worrying get to you.

MBTI
    ENFJ

No, physical exhaustion is much, much worse.

It's really not the pat downs that bother me, even though, well, they kind of do because I'm extremely ticklish around me legs and groin so I'm afraid of accidentally kicking someone if they touch down there, and then getting arrested for assault.

It's the pictures.

I would rather run around naked at the airport than have people irradiate me and take pictures of me to be stored in a database.

I want to show up to the airport in only a sports bra and leggings. I hate these people. They claim to only be "doing their jobs" but, at risk of invoking Godwin's law, that's what nazis convicted of warcrimes said.

MBTI
    INFJ

What are you doing besides studying/working? Things for fun or to distract you from your obligations? Friends?

MBTI
    INTJ

Working and college are more demanding than the real world. That's the worst of both worlds. In college- you have summers off and can blow off class sometimes. In the real world you don't have extended breaks and an artifiical code of conduct that can be stifling.

Is this your first year of college? Or first year of working/college? It's quite an adjustment.

MBTI
    ENFJ

This is my first year working and in college.

I work at the college so the hours I'm avaliable to work are the same hours that it's possible to have class.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Being a full-time student is like having a full-time job, if you combine the hours studying with the hours spent in the classroom. Then you're adding a part-time job on top of that. I think that would stress out and exhaust most people.

I'm not sure what your courseload is like, but is it feasible for you to lighten your courseload? It may take longer to graduate that way but it may be well worth it if you can save yourself a good deal of stress by doing so. Are you taking more demanding courses or more easier ones? Maybe you can just rearrange the courses you take each term so that the harder ones aren't taken all together?

If you don't want to reduce your courseload, could you reduce the hours on your job or quit your job or look for a new job? That may or may not be feasible for you depending on your financial situation and whether or not you've got parents helping you pay your way throughout school. If not, you might need those work hours to pay for school.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do and hopefully your situation will improve.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne