User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: I'm terrified.

  1. #51
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Antidepressants ruined my father's life.

    Well, no, maybe that's not true. His life was ruined to begin with. I think the antidepressants just keep him from beating my mother.
    It could help you, it could do nothing, it could hurt. But it's something, gotta do something. I think the chances are you'd feel better and your QOL would go up, long enough for you to get more real world satisfaction.

    I'd also consider anti-anxiety.... although that can make you more apathetic, we don't need anymore of that out of you! Maybe research the med forums and see which was best for which kind of person.

    Better to do this now before you'll have to pay for your own health insurance past age 26.

  2. #52
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I'll be long dead by the time I'm 26 years old.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #53
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    This obviously can't be real depression anyway because I'm still doing my goddamn homework.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #54
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    So make an appointment to the psychiatrist soon then. I can't dial the number for you..

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'll be long dead by the time I'm 26 years old.
    Willie Nelson thought the same thing.

  5. #55
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This obviously can't be real depression anyway because I'm still doing my goddamn homework.
    A depressed J will still do homework. It's weird.

  6. #56
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This obviously can't be real depression anyway because I'm still doing my goddamn homework.
    Your original post sounded more like burn-out than depression. If you start skipping classes for weeks at a time, or if the exhaustion is persistant or severe, then you should get suspicious and talk to a school counselor. You don't want it to get to the point where your grades drop. I learned that the hard way...

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If I lived in Darfur, I would have been the very first killed or to die from exhaustion.

    I am the weakest of the weak, the lowest of the low.

    I don't deserve to live.
    I just read this. ...this doesn't make sense. "I get tired, therefore I am a worthless human being." Perhaps you were just ranting, but if you feel this way most of the time, that's a red flag. That, along with a family history of depression. Regardless, if your state of mind doesn't improve after your break, talk to someone (not on the computer) that you feel comfortable with who can help you work though things. You need the feedback to keep you in check with the "real world."

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

  7. #57
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I fell asleep about eight times today and I'm still tired, and I haven't even done anything...

    I mean my entire life is chill out time and still I'm like this. I have absolutely zero chance of surviving in the real world. Walmart will kill me and suck the marrow from my bones.
    I think it's time for a trip to your primary care physician. You don't know what's going on, and internet people don't know s@%t, and you're "terrified." I don't know if you feel hopeless because you're exhausted, or are exhausted because you feel hopeless... or both. A doctor will help you figure it out, or will refer you to someone who can.

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

  8. #58
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Your original post sounded more like burn-out than depression. If you start skipping classes for weeks at a time, or if the exhaustion is persistant or severe, then you should get suspicious and talk to a school counselor. You don't want it to get to the point where your grades drop. I learned that the hard way...
    You know, Haphazard, if this is burn-out stress related. I completely would diagnose valium or xanax xr for you, but being a mod I can actually do that. Do you ever panic? Just tell the psychiatrist you have the mod's approval.

    For seriously, your stress will instantly erase with anti-anxiety meds. I used to use them recreationally.

  9. #59
    Senior Member mochajava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    A depressed J will still do homework. It's weird.
    What about other signs of depression -- anhedonia (loss of pleasure), disturbed sleep, changes in appetite?

  10. #60

    Default

    I am in the same boat Haph. I went from making 4 As and a C my first semester(while working) to 4Fs and a C by the next one. Only thing I ever did that made it better was taking my little blue pill(anti-anxiety.) I didn't like the idea of putting chemicals in my body either, but once you get past feeling like shit on a daily basis that one pill a day is really worth it.

Similar Threads

  1. Terrified Together
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 08:56 PM
  2. "Terrify"
    By sleuthiness in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 04:27 PM
  3. Slightly terrified
    By funkadelik in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 09:05 AM
  4. Most Terrifying Moments in Film
    By Wind Up Rex in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 09:45 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 01:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO