User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: I'm terrified.

MBTI
    INTJ

It's a growing pain. You'll get the hang of it. Just check in on the board now and then for moral support;

MBTI
    ENFJ

I mean, I have 16 credit hours (18 hours) and I'm working 12 hours a week... 30 hours...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

18 hours is actually a lot in college, dependent upon how difficult the classes are and how obsessive you are about your grades. I usually did 12 to 15 hours in school each semester because I worked part-time and wanted to maintain an extremely high GPA. However, on the other hand, 12 hours a week isn't that much to work.

Collectively with all of your posts I've read on this forum, you're a person who is easily overwhelmed. Keeping that in mind, perhaps next semester you should take on less credit hours. It will take you longer to graduate, but it could also possibly save your sanity and your GPA.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm not obsessive about grades.

Actually the reason why I have so many hours of classes is because my math class is 4 credits but has 5 hours and orchestra is 2 credits but has 3 hours. I'm dropping orchestra so I think I will only have 17 hours (16 credits) next semester. I need to take a lot of credits per semester because of scholarships. The work is work/study so I can't really change it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Maybe it's my schedule. Sure, some days I have to go at 10 but I don't get home until nearly 8. Next semester's schedule will be from 9-12, so I'll be able to fit in over 15 hours of work and it probably still won't feel like I'm killing myself.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

There are some possibilities to consider. You are probably overstimulated. You might want to read the book, "The Highly Sensitive Person." by Elaine Aron. You might also want to consider medication like Zolaft (anti-anxiety, anti-depressant), but it also acts on something called GABA, which basically helps your body and mind to handle the constant overstimulation.

Some other changes might be helpful. You could go to school part-time. Or you could do your college all online. That way you would only have to be out "in the real world," for the part of the day that your job requires. The rest of the day you could handle from your home.

Remember also that you are starting an entirely new phase of your life. That takes more energy in the beginnning. As you get used to it, it will take less energy. The first couple months of any new job, college or situation are usually the worst.

It could also be that you are in a job that is unsuited to your personality. Maybe you would prefer a job with more/less people contact or more/less detail, etc.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Haphazard.

I know it's tough, but that's life sometimes.

The only thing you can do is the best you can.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Or there's the possibility that I'm just a failure as a college student and would much prefer all of my work/school over by 5 PM, because if there's anything after that your life is full of despair because by that time all you have time for after your work/school is homework and then bed.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

^ you're defeating yourself and nothing we can say can change that.

Believe in yourself man. Once you've done that, everything else will fall into place.

MBTI
    ENFJ

So I'm not allowed to stop taking night classes because of the doozy it does on my perception of time and space?