User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Owlesque View Post
    I had some of the worst multiple choice tests in my bio classes. They had nested questions, so within your typical a/b/c/d options, there would be i/ii/iii/iv. Option "a" might say "i and iii" and "b" would be "i, ii, and iii" so you would agonise whether whatever corresponded to ii was valid and second guess yourself in the process.
    Did you take IB Biology? I did and all the tests were like this. The final HL Biology exam was a bitch! I didn't do badly, but I didn't do as well as I thought I would.

As for the OP questions, short answer are my forte. So are the math/problem solving ones. They're also the two I find most interesting/fun/whathaveyou.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Did you take IB Biology? I did and all the tests were like this. The final HL Biology exam was a bitch! I didn't do badly, but I didn't do as well as I thought I would.

As for the OP questions, short answer are my forte. So are the math/problem solving ones. They're also the two I find most interesting/fun/whathaveyou.
    You poor soul...

I couldn't do IB science, because I couldn't get through the IB math class...but then again, not many people did.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

It depends. I always liked multi-choice on math tests because I suck huge donkey balls at math, so when I'd have to figure out the problem myself, there is so much I can get wrong. At least with multiple choice, if all else fails, I can choose the one that looks right to me. But I know that's obviously not the best way to test that.

But I HATE multiple choice in lit classes or any other class really, where things are so much more open to interpretation. It seems like by just having a multiple choice test in that class, it's missing the point. I don't think that "facts from the story/poem/whatever" are most important, and that's all you can really test with that sort of format. That, or some agreed-upon interpretation that I almost never actually agree with. So, essays are best for me most of the time.

I like the short open response format for science tests combined with my lab report grades, which is how most of my teachers did it when I was in school. They'd give a bunch of hypotheticals too, where you'd have to give reasons for why X would happen and Y wouldn't, etc. I really liked those.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    My high school didn't offer the IB program until after I graduated; my first and second year university biology classes had all the killer multiple choice.