User Tag List

123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Thinking of quitting college

I've been studying Psychology for two months now. I had my first exams a week ago. We had three exams and I've got the results of two exams back. Failed for both of them. One of these subjects are apparently so important that if you don't make this subject, you can't enter two other subjects. So, of the 60 study points I could have gotten in this year, I won't have 12. The minimum is 36 points in the first year. I already doubted that I'm the perfect college type of person and now I'm pretty sure I was right. I'd quit right away, if my father wasn't around. He doesn't give shit about Psychology, but he does want me to get a high academic degree. The thing I personally want most would be a simple job, a little appartment and some freedom, but my father wouldn't let me. I don't see myself having a highly educated function. I have no clue what to do. I feel trapped. What should I do?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

B cool, stay in school. Actually, you should make a decision. Are you not trying hard enough, do you need to adjust your habits? If you aren't willing to commit yourself, yeah, you should just do something else and not waste your time/money and get on with your life. I don't know what choices you have available to you over there, but there other types of schools and programs you can do here that are more job oriented than academic. Maybe something like that would work for you.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Try something else if psych aint working for ya.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Why did you fail them? You don't sound like you care about being in school right now so it's basically a waste of time and money.

If your parents are paying for it though, it's a free degree and an opportunity which not many people have.

Of course, almost all jobs require college or university education these days, not just "highly educated" ones - even secretaries and data-entry jobs, believe it or not. Figure out what you want to do for a career, then figure out the schooling required.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

My friend who was a psych major said that the first year of psych is actually the worst because far too many people study psych. The uni needs half the cohort to drop out or change majors to have enough staff to deal with the number of eventual psych majors.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

[YOUTUBE="Q1809vqz3zA"]Long as I can see the light[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Well, I love the subject. It's really interesting, but I'm not the type of person for academic education. In high school I had a hard time learning too. I couldn't concentrate on my work and I could never finish anything. They put me in the pre-university class anyway (that's the highest type of high school education here) because I had a high score on a test I had to take in elementary school. I knew that was a bad idea from the start, but no one listened to me. I also knew it was a bad idea to go to college, but I was being pushed by my parents and my teachers and well, I had no choice. I always knew I'd be the wrong type of person and now that I visited the school shrink, he told me I probably suffer from ADD, so mental work isn't anything for me.

If I don't quit college quickly, it's going to cost even more money.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

BTW, I failed one of the classes because I was one of the seven students who didn't know a deadline had been changed (there are 400 students). I failed the other one, because I was too depressed about failing the first class to put a lot of effort in it.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    'm not the type of person for academic education. I couldn't concentrate on my work and I could never finish anything.
    Why do you think you can't concentrate?

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Why do you think you can't concentrate?
    I know. Give me a book to learn, guaranteed that after five minutes you find me staring at the book, day dreaming about squirrels.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here