• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thinking of quitting college

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Well, IF one of my stories gets published, it will be a huge catastrophy or it will be a revolution, that's for sure. Sometimes I hear people say it's perfect cartoon material, but I like to see it out of that box.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Have you considered a technical school? Many jobs are hands on, and pay well, but require some amount of training. I don't know how the educational system works where you live, but here you can get a technical school degree in 1-2 years in an area like electronics, nursing, drafting, etc.

If you really decide you need to stick with school, I agree with the medication option. Also, you can get almost any book in print on a recording if you have some sort of documented learning disability (from the society for the blind). I haven't looked, but I imagine those books on tape could be available even without a documented problem. You can get on a stationary bike, or treadmill and listen to your books, instead of reading them.

There is also no shame in just deciding to get a job and work for a living. I believe very strongly in higher education, but if you are not motivated, you are not going to do well, and it would be better to get on with your life.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, IF one of my stories gets published, it will be a huge catastrophy or it will be a revolution, that's for sure. Sometimes I hear people say it's perfect cartoon material, but I like to see it out of that box.

Just keep at it. Listen to feedback and keep writing. Practice makes perfect. :)