User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Try different study techniques too. I day dream about shit too lol, comes with the ENFP territory (though I don't have ADD). Have you tried starting study groups? It really helps keeping extroverts focused you know? To be honest, the best thing for anyone is for them to follow their heart, do what feels right to them. Society strives on having a range of talents, not just people who can succeed in the typical studying environment. I say give school a second chance but if you're still not comfortable after all that, you need to sit down and have a real heart to heart with your dad, standing firm in your lifestyle choice.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

In high school teachers adviced me to stop studying in groups and somewhere they were right, because whenever I started studying together with other people, I got annoyed by them or we ended up in a fight. Right now I notice the same: whenever other people start talking to me about school work, I get annoyed and start yelling at them. Not because I'm naturally agressive or unmotivated, but because finishing my stuff already took so much energy that even thinking back about it gets me terrily frustrated. I will stay in school for a few more months, because I still have some stuff I need to take care of (I have side projects, that I took so I also have positive things on my mind besides studying and there's also someone I really, really want to connect with before I leave).

Edit: now I read that it will take at least 10 weeks before I can get helped. Yay! Not.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Maybe you're not ready for this kind of thing yet. Or maybe it's not for you period. We have to cram most people into 'higher learning' by a certain age but not everyone fits and because you know it doesn't resonate with you you are doing badly. It probably comes from the angst of having to work yourself into a system you don't want to be in. I think it's pretty lame we have to take medication so we can better cram ourselves into an education system that is too one-size-might-fit-all. I always thought I'd personally dig apprenticeship better than highschool 2.0. Maybe you just need another way of learning things.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Same thing happened to me last year with chemistry. I'm not sure how colleges work across the pond where you are, but are you able to transfer to another college or try another major? I agree with everyone else saying Psychology is overrated...it's not very marketable if everyone else is doing it, and you're not at the top. Do you have any other small interests in learning anything else?

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I have nothing else decent. I could start playing the starving artist (we have a good social safety net, so I can do that until the day I do that until I don't need pills anymore).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

NPcomplete

I'm not sure how the school system is where you are but is it possible for you to take less courses per semester? This way you will have more time to focus the courses.

If you really don't want to stay in that program though, it's probably better to change it. Is it possible to do a skill aptitude test, for example, at your school? I don't know how effective they are in general but the one I had in secondary school was fairly accurate and helpful.

Good luck in your future endeavours. I'm sure you'll figure out what you want to do at some point.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

No, in the first year you have to take all courses and make sure you get 36 of the 60 study points (every subject has a certain amount of points that can be earned, I already know that I can't get over 48 by now, so it's very likely that I'll fail).
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    No, in the first year you have to take all courses and make sure you get 36 of the 60 study points (every subject has a certain amount of points that can be earned, I already know that I can't get over 48 by now, so it's very likely that I'll fail).
    36 means 6 courses basically, if each course has 6 ECTS points. Don't you get another chance if you fail an exam once? You must wait an entire year?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Is there a way to take a breather, instead of wanting to quit collage resume mid year next year while in the interim take time out for yourself to recollect your wants and aspirations in doing the course material you are doing. By redirecting your energy away from that which is causing stress you are able to attune towards the things you are wanting. See what jobs are like, gain some experience there or volunteer towards an activity that you find appealing. Reintegrate your whole attitude after this, for the stress builds, while it would be good to take fewer classes as has been mentioned to focus. However during a overstressed point like this, even this might be too much. Depends, because the education system is built for a specific study modality that is not really friendly to NF style of thinking. And at some point there is a plateau in the intensity and interest you have for the classes and passions you had initially for them. Even if you liked them at the start your going to rebel because it goes against your system of interpretation. Naturally much worse if you hated the classed from the start. Then choosing intuitively what feels right for you is a next step in changing and studying towards something that is in better alignment to your interests.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You can take time off and go back to school. I went LESS THAN ONE SEMESTER when I was 18, didn't go back until I was in my 20s, worked part-time, went to school full-time, and made straight As for 3 1/2 years, realized I didn't know why the hell I was there, and now I've been off again for about two semesters.

The good news is that I can STILL go back, I've got a perfect GPA when and if I do, and I have reassessed what I would actually do there if I did (p.s. yes I would change my major).

It's not the end of the world, seriously, and yes you can go back, especially if you aren't planning to have children soon, that makes this sort of thing much easier.

I'm an NFP too, by the way.