User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

So, basically you are angry because more efficiency means less people are needed to do the same amount of work?

Historically speaking, whenever jobs have been cut down or eliminated, alternate forms of employment become available. It's not the end of the world.
    "Those are my principles and if you don't like them......well, I have others"

-Groucho Marx

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

- Frederich Nietzsche

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Just got to say that I like the title of this thread.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

This started when they begun building Ford cars on the conveyor belt (ok, I don't know, but I guess around that time). I know it sucks, I am unemployed, but hey, look at the golden lining: They will hit the wall with this strategy. You can't have everybody replaced with technology, because you can't hand out money for free. So, what you get is a disaster. It's only a matter of time and it all comes crashing down.

I think you and I should use our time learning how to grow our own vegetables.

So if you're tired of the same old story
    Turn some pages

Roll with the changes.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Become a Lion Tamer.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Become a Lion Tamer.

All the lions are computer animated now anyway.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I agree with much of what you're saying but the thread title's going too far....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    So, basically you are angry because more efficiency means less people are needed to do the same amount of work?

Historically speaking, whenever jobs have been cut down or eliminated, alternate forms of employment become available. It's not the end of the world.
    this.

the internet boosted efficiency by leaps and bounds. its going to take a LONG time for things to rebound/stabilize because in this particular case, the technological development moved much faster than markets and populations could adapt to. I mean shit, why do you think the housing market still sucks? its because no one can afford to buy houses anymore, there's still too many transitions being done to stay stable in one place with one job.

I should've listened to my ISTP step dad: learn wielding. those fuckers never run out of work or get laid off, union pay/benefits too.

IMO, dont blame the internet, blame people too lazy to learn something new or unwilling/too stubborn to adapt to changing economic demands. SJs that want to have the same job in the same company for 40 years...... well, yeah, you can kiss that dream goodbye. get off your ass and learn MCSE or plumbing or something.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Go be a farmer or a coal miner then. Trust me, there are jobs available, and coal mining actually pays fairly well.

I'm not interested in your anti-Internet agenda.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I knew it! The accountants shall inherit the earth!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Go be a farmer or a coal miner then. Trust me, there are jobs available, and coal mining actually pays fairly well.

I'm not interested in your anti-Internet agenda.
    It's not about the internet (at least from my point of view). You can build machines and design software to do many things that are now done by people. What happens when most of that stuff is done by them? You don't need people working. But you still need them as consumers. How can they consume if they have no work?