User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: college?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Cool college?

where do I go?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Depends on what you're looking for.

- Want specific education that'll get you a job in a specific field fast with little money invested? Community college locally.

- Want to experience the world while studying? A university with abroad options. Both community and undergrad universities offer this.

- Want a tradition education? You can be a transfer student to a university.

The main thing with college is to just get started on it. There are basics you need no matter what you want to do (or lack of knowing what you want in my case for a while.) so even if you're confused on a major or degree, you can still get some core classes needed out of the way. My only suggestion is not to half-ass it.

Example of said half-assing: You start out with a liberal arts degree, so you decide to take intro to biology.. then later decide "omg I like math and wanna be an engineer" and you end up needing biology 1, which is the harder version of the same class.

Know when you can take easier classes and when you should make effort to take a less desirable class to ensure it transfers to many other universities in your area.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I've got some basics out of the way. I've taken 4 APs and will take 3 more this year. and I took an intro to forensics that is interchangeable with a liberal arts credit.

i'm looking at the U of Minnesota and the U of Florida. I could never afford to get into a Private school... screw money. :steam:
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Private schools are overrated. I'd choose the one with more convenience and less tuition personally, as well as the one with the lower cost of living in the general areas.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Private schools are overrated. I'd choose the one with more convenience and less tuition personally, as well as the one with the lower cost of living in the general areas.
    alright then I'm on the right path.

the university of minnesota has a $16,000 out of state tuition. that's about all I can afford. I don't want to go to school in NYS.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Apply to Harvard! Free tuition if your fam makes under 60K
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

[Edit]: Harvard is a good school. Look at the education you would get out of it. That is what I would look for, in a college.

What I can gain from it.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Apply to Harvard! Free tuition if your fam makes under 60K
    applying to a college is a lot more tedious than you think. it also costs a lot. Money to send in ACTs/SATs/APs/Application Fees. Easier said than done, kid-o.
    Why?

Because it has such a shitty education program?
    No. Universities can't have "shitty education programs"
    They have such a low out of state tuition because they are trying to attract out of state students that would otherwise turn down an out of state school because of the high prices. U of M has over 50,000 students.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

[Edit]: Harvard is a good school. Look at the education you would get out of it. That is what I would look for, in a college.

What I can gain from it.
    K, good luck getting into Harvard. Tell me how that goes, sport.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Dude, I know. I am in the process of applying to colleges too, thanks. And don't ever call me kid-o again, please.

And I was being facetious when I said that it has a poor program. It was in reference to saying 'fuck Harvard'.