First 23456 Last

Thread: college?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Sorry about the stereotype comment, I didn't really mean to say I don't believe in stereotypes. Because I really, actually do.

I guess I more wanted to say closed minded. Personally, if I went to school with a bunch of pricks, I would form my own group of friends, and have a ton of fun pissing off the assholes and playing pranks on them.

FTR, I have a friend who goes to a relatively cheap college, and people are STILL assholes. A lot of them, especially the girls.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    I've got some basics out of the way. I've taken 4 APs and will take 3 more this year. and I took an intro to forensics that is interchangeable with a liberal arts credit.
    Kyuuei is right (again). Get an A.A. (Associate in Arts) or A.S. (Associates in Science) degree from a community college ANYWHERE. Why?

Because the 60 semester hours of credits you get in an AA or AS program apply to ANY 4-YEAR B.A. or B.S. degree (Business, Engineering, Biology, Psychology, etc.) so long as your AA/AS is from an accredited university.

So, you won't lose any of your first two years of college, no matter what. If you start out as a biology major and then change your major to management information systems (like I did) then you will lose lots of credit hours.

Also, don't fuck around, take some math courses! Employers value quantitative skills in this job market. The most sought after undergraduates in the job market are S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) majors. I heard this first hand from a very high ranking sales rep that works for Microsoft, and he is heavy into recruiting stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    i'm looking at the U of Minnesota and the U of Florida. I could never afford to get into a Private school... screw money. :steam:
    Fuck private schools.

You're not a socially incapable elitist prick.

You're a man of the people, so go to a public university that has good programs in your field of interest, and get a great education for a reasonable price.

IMPORTANT LOOPHOLE regarding OUT-OF-STATE TUITION!!!
    In Florida, you will NEVER get in-state tuition if you move here and enroll at a state university within one-year of getting your FL driver's license. Why do I know this? It happened to me. The registrars said this is a "protective measure" to protect Florida taxpayers for footing the bill for thousands of out of state college students wanting to come here to "study in the sun."

BUT - if you move here, get your driver's license, rent an apartment or get your name on a utility statement, etc., and work for a year (>365 days from your FL license issuance date) then you can enroll in ANY state university and pay onlt IN-STATE tuition.

Here's the difference:

Undergraduate Costs 2010-2011
    Estimated costs cover two semesters
    (15 hours per semester)

Florida Residents Non-Florida Residents
    Tuition/Fees
    $ 5,238................$ 19,682

On-Campus Housing

Food (Meal Plan)

Books/Supplies

SUBTOTAL
    $ 15,418................$ 29,862

Health Insurance*

TOTAL
    $ 16,833.................$ 31,277

* FSU has a mandatory health insurance policy for new students admitted to the University. Costs of meeting this requirement will be included in financial aid considerations. Students who currently have health insurance may show proof of comparable coverage and may not be required to purchase the University policy. Refer to Welcome to Thagard Student Health Center for additional information.

Good luck, Bro!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Sorry about the stereotype comment, I didn't really mean to say I don't believe in stereotypes. Because I really, actually do.

I guess I more wanted to say closed minded. Personally, if I went to school with a bunch of pricks, I would form my own group of friends, and have a ton of fun pissing off the assholes and playing pranks on them.

FTR, I have a friend who goes to a relatively cheap college, and people are STILL assholes. A lot of them, especially the girls.
    Fair enough, Antimony.

LOL. Assholes are unavoidable anywhere you go. But there's a higher percentage of them, the "better" and more private the school is.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Alright, that makes sense. A lot, actually.

I really need to figure out a damn school. Maybe I will mark off Boston College.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

I really need to figure out a damn school. Maybe I will mark off Boston College.
    Ha! Good call.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Kyuuei is right (again). Get an A.A. (Associate in Arts) or A.S. (Associates in Science) degree from a community college ANYWHERE. Why?

Because the 60 semester hours of credits you get in an AA or AS program apply to ANY 4-YEAR B.A. or B.S. degree (Business, Engineering, Biology, Psychology, etc.) so long as your AA/AS is from an accredited university.

So, you won't lose any of your first two years of college, no matter what. If you start out as a biology major and then change your major to management information systems (like I did) then you will lose lots of credit hours.

Also, don't fuck around, take some math courses! Employers value quantitative skills in this job market. The most sought after undergraduates in the job market are S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) majors. I heard this first hand from a very high ranking sales rep that works for Microsoft, and he is heavy into recruiting stats.

Fuck private schools.

You're not a socially incapable elitist prick.

You're a man of the people, so go to a public university that has good programs in your field of interest, and get a great education for a reasonable price.

IMPORTANT LOOPHOLE regarding OUT-OF-STATE TUITION!!!
    In Florida, you will NEVER get in-state tuition if you move here and enroll at a state university within one-year of getting your FL driver's license. Why do I know this? It happened to me. The registrars said this is a "protective measure" to protect Florida taxpayers for footing the bill for thousands of out of state college students wanting to come here to "study in the sun."

BUT - if you move here, get your driver's license, rent an apartment or get your name on a utility statement, etc., and work for a year (>365 days from your FL license issuance date) then you can enroll in ANY state university and pay onlt IN-STATE tuition.

Here's the difference:

Undergraduate Costs 2010-2011
    Estimated costs cover two semesters
    (15 hours per semester)

Florida Residents Non-Florida Residents
    Tuition/Fees
    $ 5,238................$ 19,682

On-Campus Housing

Food (Meal Plan)

Books/Supplies

SUBTOTAL
    $ 15,418................$ 29,862

Health Insurance*

TOTAL
    $ 16,833.................$ 31,277

* FSU has a mandatory health insurance policy for new students admitted to the University. Costs of meeting this requirement will be included in financial aid considerations. Students who currently have health insurance may show proof of comparable coverage and may not be required to purchase the University policy. Refer to Welcome to Thagard Student Health Center for additional information.

Good luck, Bro!

-Halla
    bolded= That makes me even more motivated and proud to go to a Public University. I was trying to say that earlier, but it wasn't as clear as you put it. Halla gets it.

And coincidentally, I am applying to Santa Fe. You should be familiar, halla? Not a CC anymore, but still. I'd probably do what most other students do and transfer to the U. But that's my second plan. My first plan in the U of Minnesota.

Antimony- It's cool, don't worry about the stereotyping thing. Truth is, you'll find a lot of people you don't like no matter what college you go to. But I think Halla's spot on with what he's saying.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

we're here to give you information, not influence your decisions. don't worry! you do what makes you happy and if you feel like saying "fuck you guys, I'll do what I want" then I respect that.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Ah, you guys just make me question private schools, is all.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Don't get discouraged, get smart, aware, and confident. Take the information you're getting objectively. You're a P!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Also Ne! I look at all the possibilities, which translates into paranoia!

Lol, this is your help thread, not mine. I will be fine