User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Think I May Have Messed Up Bigtime.

Nope, transcripts follow you everywhere. They know just how many times I've attempted, even those I withdrew from.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

try calling the admissions office for the departments at the universities you are considering, explain your situation and see what they have to offer you in terms of solutions to work around the problem; you might be surprised. i sincerely doubt that a couple bad grades are going to really screw over your career options so even if the websites say one thing, it's possible they can still accommodate for your situation. Universities know that shit happens and it can seriously effect your grades.

also, depending on your CC policies and how long ago you took the class, you might be able to request a retroactive excused withdrawl. When i flunked out of my first major, i was able to do that once i switched majors and got documentation that helped explain the situation.

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I'm a capable learner, but I went through an academic period in which I had no ambition and was in crisis state due to not knowing what I wanted to do with my life, and thus made a D in Calculus. Which wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't taken it twice. I was lazy, and did not practice the homework. My GPA is still in the 3.3 range though.

There's no excuse for that, I know. But I am over that phase.

However, here I am, 3 years of working in IT networks later, with an AA, and I'm starting to doubt the outlook of my career (jobs in the field are diminishing for more reasons than just a bad economy). I have the discipline to go back to school, but I've noticed most decent (as in, potential employers don't throw your application in the trash bin after seeing your alma-mater) engineering or math-based universities will not accept me as a matter of principle, even if I retake the class with the discipline required.

Well, after looking through career options, I've noticed that most schools are like that, and most degrees that pay well are math heavy.

Have I boned myself financially for the rest of my life?
    No, of course not. You could always get an AA in something more practical/versatile. And truth be told, as long as the university's accredited, it really doesn't matter where you go.

Where I work, we recruit top executives, and let me tell you I RARELY see Ivy Leagues or any other prestigious colleges on these folks' resumes. I'm always seeing state colleges or tiny little local private ones. With your AA, you could hopefully just transfer on over to a 4 year college.

And I don't think GPA matters all that much unless you're applying for a huge prestigious Big 5 type company or you're applying for grad school.

Oh, and you can always start a business.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    Lawful Evil