• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do create an environment that brings about personal excellence?

Usehername

On a mission
I want to excel and flourish.
Now is the time.

How have you set up your social, home, work, etc. environment in ways that bring out the best you have to offer?

How to you arrange your time? How do you attend to your lower priorities without suppressing your best effort for your most important one?

All thoughts welcome.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I study ALONE not in some mega-big place filled with lots of people who are, or are pretending to, ignore each other. Also, candles and mood music can really help me too

Find things that inspire you, find places that inspire you. If you need, alternate what your studying with something else.

Said things have worked well for me.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I do the same as Scott N Denver but, with deference to my P side, I also allow time to segue as I study and research rather than trying to suppress it. This often proves of greater value than the studied material in that it provides underpinning material that informs my understanding.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
As much as this will sound non-J, I think personal excellence can only be a byproduct of interest (if not love) towards what you're studying / the skill you're trying to perfect. So, most importantly I try to direct my energy towards activities I know I like.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Figure out the things that are most important to you. Spend your time doing those types of activites and eliminate as much as possible any other activity.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Do some mental exercises, meditate, exercise, eat good shit and sleep. You just need to be at your cognitive top.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Now is the time.

How have you set up your social, home, work, etc. environment in ways that bring out the best you have to offer?

How to you arrange your time? How do you attend to your lower priorities without suppressing your best effort for your most important one?

Do what? This all sounds foreign to me. :huh:

My approach is best described by others:

...I also allow time to segue as I study and research rather than trying to suppress it. This often proves of greater value than the studied material in that it provides underpinning material that informs my understanding.
...I think personal excellence can only be a byproduct of interest (if not love) towards what you're studying / the skill you're trying to perfect. So, most importantly I try to direct my energy towards activities I know I like.
Figure out the things that are most important to you. Spend your time doing those types of activites and eliminate as much as possible any other activity.

Basically, I make "work" fun, somehow. If I'm restricted from making it fun, I'm going to need more breaks. :cheese:

I try to live life to its fullest in all areas.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Now is the time.

All thoughts welcome.

I am slowly expelling those from my life who affect me negatively or poison my experiences subtly... there aren't many, but they stand out like sore thumbs. They also heartily affect my self if they are close to me, so I have to deal with the problem.

I will add anything else that seems honestly useful this week and the next, as I am moving and setting up a new life and home... so many things will change.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Now is the time.

All thoughts welcome.
Environment:
I like my environment to be as uncluttered as possible... the simpler, the better. Simplicity and order in my environment allow my thoughts to be unencumbered... and require less maintenance, but I don't care for "stark" either. It needs to be warm and hospitable. You need to search your soul for what YOU like. Think of the places you've been that are conducive to creativity... or places where you really love to BE.

Time:
My lower priorities tend to be those mundane tasks that require a lot of physical activity, but not much brain power. When I avoid doing my mundane chores in order to do things I prefer, I end up being too tired to do the chores later in the day. So if it's really important to get a mundane task done, I do it earlier in the day while I still have energy... because I ALWAYS have energy to do what I love.

Not only that, but a lot of times, my mind gets burdened with "things I have to do". When I do them, I set myself free to do the other things I WANT to do. For me, the sense of freedom from burdens is very important in order to unleash the creative.

:hug: