User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Intuitives and Business?

From spending three years in college, I think I find the business world more interesting than many of the theoretical fields I've studied (am a math major in college). I'll likely go into accounting or actuarial work after college.

As an ENTP, I think such a profession works well with my abilities and strengths: as someone who is out there in the real world constantly trying to figure out what truly makes a good corporation and what makes a not-so-good one. However, all the MBTI stereotypes seem to say that Sensors like business and finance while Intuitives hate it.

I say down with the stereotype!!!

MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Actuaries can make mondo bucks. Risk management might be interesting for you as well.

Forensic accounting; is that fields greatest hope of not putting an E to sleep.

ThatGirl

I am fascinated with business strategies but not enough to play the game....if that means anything.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, there's a world of difference between accounting and actuarial professions (namely, the first is much more hands-on, detail-oriented and - from my perspective - somewhat boring; I suppose xSTJs make the best accountants - while actuarial science is much more N-friendly)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ

I LOVE business. I cant work for other people, I always figure out a better way or smarter way to do the work and I read people well, these are awesome business skills.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    ENTJ

As an ENTJ, people always assume that I'm into business and making money. Although I love to be in charge and can't work for anyone I am a research student at the moment, climbing the academic ladder. Business has never attracted me, but politics is a different matter...

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

It really depends on what kind of business you get into. I'd say Ns would enjoy anything with finance, marketing and yes, strategy. For sensors, I'd vouch for behind-the-scenes decimal-figure business - such as accounting.

I'm majoring in Accounting and Economics. Accounting puts me to sleep, but I enjoy Econ muchly.

I've had a lot of people say I'd make a good Investment Banker though... and a good many of those people WERE Investment Bankers. Look into that as well, if you like strategy, leadership and a fast-paced environment. (Apologies if I sound like a brochure)
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm finding business to be a possible thing to pursue for a career. Just knowing that it is so dynamic and that you never have to be stuck doing one job is appealing to me, plus my parents have said I have a knack for it, with all my crazy ideas to improve profits for local companies and such.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The more and more I have delved into the world of "business" - namely, entrepreneurship, I find it to be like my own personal artist's canvas. The possibilities are endless. So much room for creativity - you can create an entire business/company from nothing. If you can dream it, you can pretty much create it (if you are willing).

I do not enjoy accounting. To me, accounting is just one of the many facets of the overall picture of a business. There's so much more that goes into it than just accounting. It's an important factor, no doubt. But, there are many other important factors as well. Luckily, one of my best friends is an ISTJ CPA! He loves accouting.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

There are times I love business and times I hate business.

Business is lovely when it works the way it is supposed too. But it sucks when it is being hampered by supposedly well meant but completely airheaded goverment descisions.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf