123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

Default Where do you work?

A 5 question quiz, to help me move forward in life-research...

1. What is your type?
    2. What do you do for a living? Job title, description of daily tasks...
    3. What do you like best about it?
    4. What do you like least about it?
    5. What would you rather be doing for work?

I'm thinking of going through a career shift, to actually live my life according to me, and not just where I happened to fall into work. I'll go first.

1.INTP
    2.Pawnshop General Manager. Handling customer issues, employee issues, police stolen items issues, counting cash drawers, pawning and buying items, pricing jewelry, selling precious metals for scrap weight, selling merchandise, jewelry pricing research...
    3. Jewelry research and pricing, jewelry buying, reorganizing the merchandise to be visually pleasing...
    4. Drama between employees, the fact that I am the manager of the owner's wife, the owner's brother, the owner's best friend of 20 years...and one other guy the owner pulled from a store they worked together at for 5 years.
    5. Something with more intellect involved, and more appreciation for what I've done and put up with. Maybe, a science lab, holistic medicine, anthropology, face detection analysis, linguistics, or an artistic photographer
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

1. What is your type?
    ISTJ

2. What do you do for a living?
    Job title: Government employee.
    Description of daily tasks: creating and updating tourist information databases, tourist promotion, both in and outside the Country.

The posibility to travel many different places.

The career path is extremely slow. It can take ten, or more, years to have a raise in my salary.
    Bureaucracy can make even the easiest decision-making process a real pain.

I´d rather be a Marketing Manager, in any activity.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1. What is your type?
    INtP 5w4 sx(/sp)

Systems/Requirements Analyst for the Social Security Administration.

I just started, so I have stuff to learn, but I basically specify what contracted software needs to do and intersect that with the needs of the various users and come up with a list of requirements and/or business rules that the developers have to follow when implementing their code.

It's sort of a dream job for an abstract thinking techie: You get to basically analyze a complex scenario, describe process/use flow and the basic underlying foundation of the system, and then hand off details and implementation (the "how") to other people to carry out. I don't even have to validate code at the moment, I'm in requirements.

- the basic job itself
    - the people I work with
    - the flexible environment & perks/benefits & advancement
    - having a cool id badge

- government bureaucracy
    - difficulty of coordinating between large groups of workers
    - scope creep
    - the hour-long commute

- Playing in and writing music for a band
    - Writing stories, essays, and/or journals/diaries
    - Sleeping
    - Scienz
    - Psychologist/Therapist
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

1. What is your type?
    ENTP

Lifeguard at a water park. It's a summer job. It's meh. A job's a job.

The co-workers are pretty cool people. Mostly ambitious college kids like myself. It's nice not working somewhere where you're surrounded by bitter 40 year olds that couldn't get a job anywhere else because they didn't graduate high school.

The people that come into the park. I swear most of them are in double digit IQ levels or lower. Yes many are nice, but the ones that give you trouble really give you trouble, but that's everywhere.

For now, maybe a waitress, a job that pays a lot more and I work less hours, I'm doing babysitting on the side for more money, and I'm still looking around for a possible second job.

For the far future though, I'm not sure yet. I think being an animator would be cool, or a senator, being a dentist is still in the back of my head.

Enneagram
    CFV

1. What is your type?
    INFJ 9w8 so/sc/sx

I'm the busser at a Chinese restaurant. I clean tables, set tables and bring people food/water. I'm the only worker who speaks fluent English.

I like the time it gives me to zone-out mentally and think about issues I'm having outside of work

Feeling isolated by the language barrier

Playing music with my band or helping people

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

1. What is your type?
    INTP

My primary 'job' is studying at the university. However, the job that actually brings the Money is my work as a translator and tour guide. I make my own schedule for the translating business, which is rather spiffing, if I do say so myself.

I work my own hours. It's relaxing and I love it.

Being a tour guide involves a lot of history, which I don't really approve of. And it's very repetitive, which I definitely don't approve of.

Translating, I would continue doing. However, I'd rather be writing or teaching (nothing below the age of 19, though) than trotting across town with a group of uninterested, silly tourists.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    A 5 question quiz, to help me move forward in life-research...

1. What is your type?
    ENTP 3w4

Full time student currently (ie about ~60+ hours per week; 30 class hours, often well over 30 in homework)

Learning alot ^^ Specifically learning stuff I want to know how to do, which will lead towards question #5's answer.

It's ALOT of work... and the industry's not any lighter once I get into 'real' work. At least I'll be getting paid for something I enjoy doing though, but the work weeks we're looking at are often ~80 hour weeks...

Eventually I want to be working on game design team at Blizzard entertainment <3 However, that's a long way off. First I need to finish college, get a low end job as a modeler or something, move up slowly to level modeling, then level design, lead level designer, then into game design, and each of these steps will take several years to accomplish as the industry requires several years of experience and several key titles released to earn enough respect to get into the higher end stuff.

It'll be well worth it, someday, but it'll be a loooooooong road there XD

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

1. What is your type?
    INTP
    Entrepeneur, Family business, developping new projects (altho not lately, we're hitting off in a branch quite nicely atm.), also driving taxi and busses (touringcars/coaches every country calls them slightly different. >.> ).
    Diversity
    Sometimes shitty hours and long days, repetative administration work that feels unneccesary. Burocracy.
    Hmm. I'm happy with what I've got here, since I really have not much to complain. Despite the fact I pull a lot of hours, I have a good future here and a flexible work environment. However, I'd love to be a computer programmer back in the 90's working on RPG's. Or nowadays working on a kind of RPG that doesn't really seem to exist!

Games in the style of broadness, plot, epicness, storyline and non-linearness. Todays single player rpg's are quite linear, they're fun, but nothing like the old school isometric games like Arcanum.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

1. What is your type?
    IS-P

i am a Fire Investigator.
    i investigate buildings after a fire to find the cause of the fire.

i get to choose my hours, i work alone/set my own pace and goals, i get to work outside a lot, i get to solve problems, i get to use my skills and experience. it is great, i love it.

paperwork! writing reports for everything. damn you!

nothing, my job is awesome!!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

1. What is your type?
    Blondes

I am the regional IT-security manager for the department for economical growth in my hometown. I too work as a chairman to the management of the IT-security Cluster in the ruhr-area.

Main task is project management of events, meetings and all sort of stuff with which you make people network more with each other. I do too consulting in mechanical engineering for my department.

I only work parttime tho, I am still doing my Master in Mechanical Engineering. Quite a lot of work clashing through this situation the most times.

It's an unique opportunity to get to know all sorts of people and business ideas they had. I too want to get there one day with an own idea but for now I am in the getting-to-know-phase of a lot of people. That maybe helps for the future to find new perspectives. Plus of course I work my own hours, which is indeed what I want to do always.

Working in administration is a bitch. My hometown is broke and cant spend much money, so if you want to spend money on a project you have to go a long way. Though its all about understanding the system, it stays a bitch.

Last month I wanted to own a parking lot, where people can park for money. This month I want to be a deep sea explorer or an archeologist in egypt
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]