User Tag List

First 123 Last

1. What is your type?
    INTP

2. What do you do for a living? Job title, description of daily tasks...
    I design integrated circuits. The job title is "Component Design Engineer"
    Before silicon database is "taped-out", there is some amount of design, then a lot of simulation to verify the design. After we get chips back, then there is a lot of testing and debug (often a lot of software and platform problems to debug).

Preparation for this includes a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering. I work with a lot of Ph.Ds however.

3. What do you like best about it?
    I like the concepts involved, the design work, test development, and the sleuthing and debugging of what is going on.

4. What do you like least about it?
    Most of the work, however, is just running tests and collecting data. But what I hate the most is the bureaucracy involved because I work in a large company.

5. What would you rather be doing for work?

I am not sure. I think at this point, my mindset has become more like a scientist than an engineer. I am somewhat sick of working on products. A lot of times, understanding of the situation is bypassed for expediency. I realize that will be there in science too, but I would imagine to a lesser extent.

I am studying Physics right now (just taking classes at the moment). That has been very enjoyable.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ESFJ

What is your type?

ESFJ

What do you do for a living? Job title, description of daily tasks...

Information, Advice and Guidance Worker. I help people gain the skills necessary to get back into employment. I meet with clients at several locations, find out what exactly they would like to do, put across the idea of workshops (CV, interview techniques, basic IT, confidence etc) mention short courses to gain valuable qualifications, if the client has anxieties i can refer them to breakthrough therapy which deals with hypnotherapy and EFT. Each client has a different need, so i have to be open to what is out there to help my client progress on their journey.

What do you like best about it?

Interacting with clients.

What do you like least about it?

Lack of help. Funding and childcare issues. Lack of flexibility. No petrol allowance. Crap pay. Awful database and paperwork which requires a lot of signatures.

What would you rather be doing for work?

I want to be a demolition derby racer
    OK, i would like to be a retail or office manager, lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

1. What is your type?
    INFJ ...possibly INTJ... still on the fence with that one. Hehe. :rolli:

I'm a school counselor, currently working at a high school. Programming students' schedules (data entry, based on studying student grade and test score data); continuous checks of student credits, trying to ensure they're meeting their graduation requirements, and continuous meetings with students and parent phone calls to discuss meeting their credits; counseling students on academic, behavioral, social and emotional issues; student-parent-teacher conferences; fielding teacher and parent questions about student behavior and student schedules. I have an MA in educational counseling.

I like the variety of the job. Every day is an adventure because you never know what's going to happen. You can come in to work, intent on getting a bunch of grad checks (paperwork) done, but one of your students is suddenly having an issue, breaks up with their boyfriend, gets in a fight, runs away from home, threatens suicide, and you're the person they want to talk to. The school year has its ups and downs, too. The first 3 weeks are usually incredibly busy in the counseling office, as we're swamped with students trying to change their schedules because the classes are full, they don't like the teacher, they've had the class before, etc. Then things quiet down a little (but not by much) while we start working on grad checks with seniors, making sure they're making up all the credits they need to in their senior year so they graduate on time. Once that's done, things slow down a little more, but then pick up again once second semester starts with more class changes, more grad checks, more unexpected issues. Hopefully we get some downtime before the end of the year and graduation, the mad rush of last minute grad checks, making sure our seniors have done everything they need to earn their diplomas; last minute calls and letters to parents, letting them know their student won't graduate because they still have credits to make up. (Those kind of phone calls are the worst). And of course there's always those end of the year meetings with parents when they come in to talk to you and the school principal, mostly laying blame as to why you didn't get their kid to graduate. Yeah. ...Anyway, that's really part of question #4.

As stated above, parents who choose to blame the school for their kid slacking off and not graduating on time. Kids who repeat the same behavioral patterns over and over and choose not to learn how to be successful in high school until it's too late. The adults I work with are pretty interesting, too. I mean, teachers usually don't get into teaching unless they're a bit of a control freak with a pedantic streak, or so my experience has shown. I don't mean to offend any teachers here; I mean, hell, I was a teacher, too, and I'm aware of the reasons why I chose to do it. Teachers are usually highly intelligent, but can sometimes be rather narrow-minded, and that can make them a little hard to deal with at times. Administrators, too, and counselors. I certainly can't say teachers are the only ones with this issue. Most of the time, I prefer working with the kids to the adults at school. I mean, the kids are kids. They're immature, they're still learning, they're going to make mistakes. Adults, on the other hand... I guess I have a higher standard of expectation for them.

Writing and editing, preferably for a newspaper or magazine. I'm not about to change my whole life around in going after another career, though. I tried the writing and editing thing a little bit after college and was never successful with it. I still write a lot in my free time... I mean, look at how much I've blathered on here. I write occasional music reviews on Amazon; I have a personal blog... but other than that, I'm not pursuing it professionally. Maybe one day I will, but it's not a direction I'm heading in now.
    I wasn't born of a whistle or milked from a thistle at twilight.
    No, I was all horns and thorns, sprung out fully formed, knock-kneed and upright.
    -Joanna Newsom

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    What do you do for a living? Job title, description of daily tasks...

Information, Advice and Guidance Worker. I help people gain the skills necessary to get back into employment. I meet with clients at several locations, find out what exactly they would like to do, put across the idea of workshops (CV, interview techniques, basic IT, confidence etc) mention short courses to gain valuable qualifications, if the client has anxieties i can refer them to breakthrough therapy which deals with hypnotherapy and EFT. Each client has a different need, so i have to be open to what is out there to help my client progress on their journey.
    This sounds very interesting to me. I've always had an interest in career counseling and working with people on finding the next step in their career journey, or the 'perfect job' for them. It's something I do a little of in my job as a high school counselor, talking with students about their path after high school, doing some interest inventory surveys and figuring out where their interests lie. Obviously, you get the chance to go more in depth when working with adults, which is something that appeals to me. Can I ask how you got into this profession?
    I wasn't born of a whistle or milked from a thistle at twilight.
    No, I was all horns and thorns, sprung out fully formed, knock-kneed and upright.
    -Joanna Newsom

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

1. What is your Type
    ENFP

2. What do you do for a living? Job title, description of daily tasks

A number of things. Firstly I'm a graduate student which entails long hours of working on projects and/or papers, attending seminar like classes and having discussions. Secondly I'm an adjunct instructor so I have all the duties that go along with teaching a full class including planning the course and grading projects. Thirdly, I work the odd freelance job. This includes but is not limited to: Shooting and editing weddings/music videos/commercials/random whatever, running tech for shows and presentations, dvd duplication, film to video transfer, running live video and sound for shows or presentations, etc. Lastly, I'm a practicing artist. I put this last because I'm pretty much in the "unknown and unheard of" category when it comes to art.

I'm not trapped in a 9 to 5 office job. I get to play with some pretty awesome film and video tech. I get to meet new people and make connections I normally wouldn't. I get to express myself creatively. Teaching is fun because I get to hone my own skills while teaching others and get to instill the creative spark into others.

The pay sucks. The bullshit that is the modern American University system where they'd rather hire adjuncts with crap pay and no benefits instead of offering more tenure track positions. Making it as an artist is basically a crap-shoot.

The same thing, but also saving the universe.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

1. What is your type?
    ENFP

2. What do you do for a living?
    Nothing.

All the free time.

No cash to spend.

Dictator-for-life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

1. What is your type? INTJ

2. What do you do for a living? Job title, description of daily tasks... I am a Registered Health Information Technician and a Certified Medical Coder. I do surgical coding for a large health system.

3. What do you like best about it? It's in the medical field but I don't have contact with patients. I can do this job for hundreds of different employers so there is nothing locking me to the place I work.

4. What do you like least about it? Not too many dislikes, other than doctors who think they are god. But I don't deal with them much either.

5. What would you rather be doing for work? Nothing. I make very good money and have great benefits. I work 30-32 hrs a week, I can also work from home some of the time. I wish I had looked into this line of work years ago.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

1. What is your type?
    ESFJ
    Helpdesk Technician - I listen to people whine about their computers, projectors, laptops, etc. all day long. Usually, I fix their problems....Sometimes I have someone else go deal with it. =D
    I'm good at it.
    It's boring.
    Counseling... was considering a counseling position in a high school, but now I'm leaning towards counseling veterans... I'll have to get further into my degree before I decide for sure.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

1. What is your type?
    ESFP
    (Only for the next few days then I'm moving on!) Certified Nurses Assistant in a nursing home: Help people with activities of daily living/ feeding/ bathing/ toileting/ ambulating. Vital signs. Monitoring for changes in health status. Documentation. Certified level five hug and high five master.
    Working closely with people/ Feel valued at work/ informal leader/ popularity within the organization/ I'm good at it.
    It's boring, I'm under payed and overqualified, there is a lot of workplace politics, and some bossy mean and nasty residents who live there.
    Currently seeking ICU job as a staff RN, or a job in cardiology or cardiac related hospital unit. Will be testing for my RN on July 9th.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

1. What is your type?
    ENFP
    Physics Research Assistant: I tend to solve physics problems in areas I previously knew little about, but now need to know everything about. Don't ask why.
    Home time. The occasional challenge or impossible problem to solve. Lunchtime chats.
    Uncreative plod work. Making sense of poorly written jargon. People finding the answers by reading journals and quoting equations rather than thinking about the problems. Minimal intellectual stimulation.
    Starting a rock band. Writing magazine articles. Teaching something interesting and high level, while having an Indiana Jones like hobby on the side.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.