• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many of you guys are actually going after a career bc its your dream?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
My dream isn't realistic or anything, and it doesn't even have a proper path that leads to it, but I intend on pursuing it.

Well, I suppose I sort of AM pursuing it at the moment, but yeah.

Sternentaler

MBTI Type
xNTJ
I'm doing what I consider to be working towards my dream, but since I'm in highschool, that isn't particulary hard.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am going after my dreams, but hesistant to call it a single "career," it is more like a giant system of "careers." It doesn't make any sense for me to not go after what I desire.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i didn't grow up dreaming of doing what i do now.
i just accidentally stumbled upon it. and i liked it.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I was never content working for and with people. It's actually the opposite of my "Healer" title. Social surroundings with lots of people is not my thing. I would much rather have a job where I could hide in the dark, behind a curtain, inside my bunker. Never found that job! I do web design and writing as a hobby though, whenever I get around to do it, but nothing acknowledged.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Im in the process of following my dreams :)

I dont particularly like working in an office....so im paying off debt and then saving to open a boutique...CANT WAIT!

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Me. I´m studying Advertising now. After that, I´ll go for a Master Degree in Marketing.

Ingrid in grids

I have two dream careers -
1. To be a psychiatrist.
2. To be a writer.

I'm currently finishing my final year of high school, which is the first step on the way. Next step is Med School for dream 1. Dream 2 is more hit-or-miss. I write a fair bit, but not as much as I'd like to be doing considering I'm in year 12. :(
I do think I'm in the direction of pursuing my dreams, though. :)

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have to figure out what my dream is before I go after it. Meanwhile I'm on the career path I am... just because.

I hear ya... very ENFP. Think I might have found what I want to do and has only taken me 38 years to find it... but just trying to finish a project for a job I hate and then on with my life

Mind you never having a clear direction before has taken me to some amazing places and I would not know what I wanted to do if I had not done all that stuff before. No experience is ever wasted.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm recently understanding what I might want to do might be completely different than I previous thought (game design).

I'm becoming a sentimental fool and wanna maybe dedicate my life to helping other people.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm recently understanding what I might want to do might be completely different than I previous thought (game design).

I'm becoming a sentimental fool and wanna maybe dedicate my life to helping other people.

Design games that save lives?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Design games that save lives?

Who knows. I've thought of making educational games. But the concept often translates to something boring for mature audiences. Maybe I'll be the one to make it big :p

Wait, I just had the most brilliant idea involved making a game that hypnotized people into being better towards other people...oh shit! Big bucks!:D Or not....

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
Who knows. I've thought of making educational games. But the concept often translates to something boring for mature audiences. Maybe I'll be the one to make it big :p

Wait, I just had the most brilliant idea involved making a game that hypnotized people into being better towards other people...oh shit! Big bucks!:D Or not....

As for educational games you need facilitate the kids to design them for u. but I do rather like the hypnotising idea :devil:

E

Epiphany

I am working in a very STJ-oriented occupation and will probably continue to do so as a career. My current job administered a 550 question rendition of the MBTI which I pretty much lied on all of the answers. It was clear they didn't want an INFP, but I really needed a decent paying job. I've been in some form of security/law-enforcement/military for several years and will probably stick with it unless something better comes along, even though it drains me mentally.

I wish I could've pursued something more creative because I have a pretty vivid imagination; unfortunately, reality is a stubborn son of a bitch.

Blossom500

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am working in a very STJ-oriented occupation and will probably continue to do so as a career. My current job administered a 550 question rendition of the MBTI which I pretty much lied on all of the answers. It was clear they didn't want an INFP, but I really needed a decent paying job. I've been in some form of security/law enforcement/military for several years and will probably stick with it unless something better comes along, even though it drains me mentally.

I love the faking it thing. I'd never have the balls for it

I wish I could've pursued something more creative because I have a pretty vivid imagination; unfortunately, reality is a stubborn son of a bitch.

You sound like my INTP mother. She worked hard in work she hated to look after us as a single mum but I am sure she could have done some amazing things if she did not care so much about reality. Mind you she had a house etc at my age and I have nothing so hrmmm??? :doh:

Last edited: