User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INT*

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I didn't take my job because it's a dream job. I took it to make an even larger dream come true. To make a goal of one of my life goals come true. So I don't consider my job a dream job. I consider it the path to my even greater dream.
    Sometimes that's what you have to do. The important thing is your on the path in a certain direction. That direction being what you truly want out of life.

MBTI
    INT*

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    got engaged and put off going to grad school across the country for too long... and then that didn't work out either

have a tendancy to tell ex bosses where to put it while quitting

impulsively give bad guy a chase, breaking kneecap and getting booted from police training...

turn down second offer at grad school because of being depressed about getting booted from police training

yeah... I'm an idiot... I screw myself over whenever I get the opportunity to do so!
    Sounds to me like you should just sit down sometime. Then sort out your life
    Put the past in the past. And LEAVE it there. Just really dig deep and think to yourself what would most make you happy. What really drives you . Then set out your plan and the things you'll need to get there. Then GO!

I realize things happen. Hey, ats life, but the thing is....it's not how hard be fall that defines us. It's how we rise afterwards. Keep that in mind sweetie! Also remember, you can do ANYTHING if you want it badly enough.

Hope this helps you.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm starting my own business now, though that's really not what I had planned for my life... I'm not really the business owner type

still, something's better than nothing! and I've pretty much concluded that I'll never be happy working anyways, so I might as well have fun when NOT working!

thanks
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've pretty much concluded that I'll never be happy working anyways
    This. I don't really have a dream, my dream is to not work. Which probably means I should go after something that pays well so I can retire early, but nope. Science.
    -end of thread-

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you could live in continual hope of discovering something absolutley awesome and then selling the patent for a huge sum of money and retiring by the age of 30 with science at least!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I am in my dream job, I love it so much. "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life"
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am, sort of. I wanted to be a Awesome Housewife and Amazing Homeschooling Mom and Pastor's Wife.

Turns out I hate housework. I love my kids, but I stink at routines too much to do a good job homeschooling and my husband and I have decided (unfortunately after tens of thousands of dollars in student loans) that we don't actually like church, even though we still consider ourselves Christians.

I have a happy marriage and reasonably well-adjusted kids, so I guess I'm doing okay at the important stuff. I'm really loving these teenage years with my kids, but now that it's more fun than work, it's probably time for me to start a second career. Bleh.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

My dream is to not have to work for someone else. That will take a while to accomplish.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

My dream jobs growing up were acting/theatre and horse breeding. I'm going after neither.

That was a depressing post.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I have my dream job. I worked for years to get here, and it is as good as I hoped it would be. I cannot imagine myself doing anything else for the rest of my career, though I certainly have done my share of lesser jobs along the way to earn money. My gifts, talents, and education are put to use almost every day, and I have constant opportunities for continued learning. The pay and benefits are good, and I have reasonable autonomy in doing my work. I have great colleagues, and am now in a position to mentor younger employees.My current employer is not the best and I am contemplating a change, but as a career overall, I am very satisfied.