MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

So I can't retitle this "How the sex bias results in murder?"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Not enough for me to kill you.
    I've agreed to a mountain of debt that, according to this thread, I will not be able to repay ever, I have no support structure through my family (you see, they're buried themselves, they're trying to unburden themselves from me), I have no romantic potential, I have no ambition, I have no future, no hope for anything more than wasting away dead in a ditch somewhere.

So. I should be dead in a ditch somewhere.

The only decent years of my life are already behind me, and by "decent" I mean they sucked balls. Kill me.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I can't say the school is "prestigious." It's not a private institution -- all the teenagers there are forced to be there by law. There's no encouragement for anything outside of school. Whenever I say I write they say I should write for the newspaper (even though that's a completely different writing) and whenever I draw they say I should be in an art class (even though my crammed school schedule left no time for art), anything I do is not allowed to speak for itself but instead must have someone else speak for it, because a piece of writing is not good unless it has a recommendation behind it. Those at school are not allowed to think for themselves but must allow someone in a position of power decide for them. If I'm not rubbing shoulders with someone at the school (even if I do with professionals outside), it's absolutely worthless. I could have several published novels and they wouldn't give a shit, and class me as the same as those who go back home and get high every day, never doing any homework and never doing anything to prepare for the future.
    Ahhh, ok, maybe I was reading too much into it It looks like bureaucracy for its own sake has taken over then. They're not concerned with educating students, just administering their own petty system and fitting you into the correct predefined category. Anyone who doesn't fit conveniently into one of their little boxes is automatically classified as difficult or a troublemaker just for the fact that you don't fit, it doesn't really matter WHY you don't fit. It's education by numbers, seeing you as units of educational production to be shuttled around their system, like components in a factory, nothing more. I can see why you find it demoralising, as you're not exactly going to be appreciated for who you are in such a system. However, once you leave you are freer to choose your own destiny, and if a bureaucratic, heirarchical system isn't for you, you probably don't ultimately have to be subject to one.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Ahhh, ok, maybe I was reading too much into it It looks like bureaucracy for its own sake has taken over then. They're not concerned with educating students, just administering their own petty system and fitting you into the correct predefined category. Anyone who doesn't fit conveniently into one of their little boxes is automatically classified as difficult or a troublemaker just for the fact that you don't fit, it doesn't really matter WHY you don't fit. It's education by numbers, seeing you as units of educational production to be shuttled around their system, like components in a factory, nothing more. I can see why you find it demoralising, as you're not exactly going to be appreciated for who you are in such a system. However, once you leave you are freer to choose your own destiny, and if a bureaucratic, heirarchical system isn't for you, you probably don't ultimately have to be subject to one.
    I don't necessarily like starving, though, either.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I've agreed to a mountain of debt that, according to this thread, I will not be able to repay ever, I have no support structure through my family (you see, they're buried themselves, they're trying to unburden themselves from me), I have no romantic potential, I have no ambition, I have no future, no hope for anything more than wasting away dead in a ditch somewhere.

So. I should be dead in a ditch somewhere.

The only decent years of my life are already behind me, and by "decent" I mean they sucked balls. Kill me.
    You should go busking with that violin. You're good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    You should go busking with that violin. You're good!
    That would work. It would also help circumvent the debt mountain, which I agree there's little point in acquiring unless you're really committed to doing something that requires long-term participation in the charade that is higher education.

MBTI
    ENFJ

That would work. It would also help circumvent the debt mountain, which I agree there's little point in acquiring unless you're really committed to doing something that requires long-term participation in the charade that is higher education.
    I'm shit at the violin. I play the viola, which is an entirely different instrument that, while, is less competitive as a section, also has less opportunity for advancement and also, I'm shit at it.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm shit at the violin. I play the viola, which is an entirely different instrument that, while, is less competitive as a section, also has less opportunity for advancement and also, I'm shit at it.
    Ah, I was relying on Morgan's judgement there! Yes, the viola does tend to be a somewhat maligned instrument, but this is probably because it doesn't have much of a classical solo repertoire or folk/pop tradition and therefore ends up being mostly used as orchestral filler. This makes it an intstrument with the potential to be redefined though! No reason why you couldn't start something new with it. I'm obviously not in a position to comment on the quality of the playing - how shit is shit to you?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Ah, I was relying on Morgan's judgement there!
    That's always a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Ah, I was relying on Morgan's judgement there! Yes, the viola does tend to be a somewhat maligned instrument, but this is probably because it doesn't have much of a classical solo repertoire or folk/pop tradition and therefore ends up being mostly used as orchestral filler. This makes it an intstrument with the potential to be redefined though! No reason why you couldn't start something new with it. I'm obviously not in a position to comment on the quality of the playing - how shit is shit to you?
    I don't have the motivation.

That kind of shit.