User Tag List

MBTI
    abcd

Default Industrial Engineering

I want change my life and career and I am very interested in a new university degree in industrial engineering, focused in supply chain management and logistics.
    Anyone in this field?
    Do you think it could be a good choice for a borderline INTx?
    Bye.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    I want change my life and career and I am very interested in a new university degree in industrial engineering, focused in supply chain management and logistics.
    Anyone in this field?
    Bye.
    supply chain management??? strikes me as very ISTJ territory. How much do you like SJ not-N work?

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    supply chain management??? strikes me as very ISTJ territory. How much do you like SJ not-N work?
    Uhm... Yes... I understand what you say.
    But I think it could be a good field also for Rational, because for a process optimization (maybe in large scale), it needs a "big picture" mind and logical thinking.
    However, I like when things are organized in a good way, and I have no problems following rules (if they are usefull) but I usually looks also for performance improvement. Then, if I think the process is the best I can reach in cost/benefit and so on, there's no reason to change it.
    Thanks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    Anyone in this field?
    Bye.
    Have you considered a joint degree - business studies combined with some sort of engineering? Mechanical and electrical engineering both have a lot of jobs associated with them. Chemical engineering is also popular.

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Have you considered a joint degree - business studies combined with some sort of engineering? Mechanical and electrical engineering both have a lot of jobs associated with them. Chemical engineering is also popular.
    Yes, it's exactly what I want to do, Andy.
    The course is a mixture about mechanical engineering and economy/management.
    I am italian and I don't know well how that degree is called in US for example.
    If I find a translated page in an university of my country, I'll post it.
    The italian degree is "ingegneria gestionale" and it could be translated as a sort of "engineering of business management".
    Bye.

edit:
    Here the page I said above as example:
    UniBg - First level degrees : Management Engineering

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

you may also want to look into a field called "Operations Reseach" especially if you are interested in quantitative approach to management and optimizing processes in Supply Chain Management and logistics.

Operations Research | What O.R. Is
    "He was free, free in every way, free to behave like a fool or a machine, free to accept, free to refuse, free to equivocate; to marry, to give up the game, to drag this death weight about with him for years to come. He could do what he liked, no one had the right to advise him, there would be for him no Good or Evil unless he thought them into being." JP Sartre

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    you may also want to look into a field called "Operations Reseach" especially if you are interested in quantitative approach to management and optimizing processes in Supply Chain Management and logistics.

Operations Research | What O.R. Is
    Oh yes very good suggestion!
    I like very much research and optimization.
    Thanks.

garbage

I've got a degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering with a focus in Operations Research

I don't really explicitly use it daily, but, you know, it's there

OR's pretty good, and it might be a good choice if you want to keep your training a bit more general

holla if you've got any questions