User Tag List

First 2345 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Aurel View Post
    I was teased as a child at school, mercilessly, even from the good kids. I sometimes wonder if they think about it when they hear stories about bullying. I was a target because of a physical issue so I was an "easy" person to tease. Bullying also isn't always just "male or female" - I had both teasing me.

They violence might work if it started later in life but when you are a 7 year old sweet little girl you don't think "maybe if I hit them they won't say it again." Also, the people I knew who were bullied in high school usually heard that they were being made fun of, it didn't always happen right in front of them. It is actually interesting how many people think that violence will solve all bullying problems.
    Yes, this was my experience too. Maybe it should be called "good kid" bullying rather than "girl" bullying.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Ivy and Heart are viewing this as a chess game where you have to basically knock down a ton of pieces before the game is over (before you can reach the king).
    Where do you get this from?

Do you even understand that people are discussing two different issues here? One is one-on-one bullying and the other is group mobbing?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I actually agree that fighting is rather dumb over the age of say 17 (its too dangerous then). But when you are 7, that's actually when it works best. Choose the terms carefully: of course no one likes violence (blood, bruises, broken body parts, stitches etc)...but a simple fight can be totally free of those things if the kids are just throwing pre-teen punches.
    Sometimes I don't think people realize what 7 is. I said I was too young to think about doing anything like that. I was NOT built like that, it's cool to think I should have been, or I could have done something physical, but I was NOT built like that. I'm still not, I had someone get physical with me a couple years ago (sprayed something all over me) and I wasn't physical with them, I just am not that kind of a person.

It might "work best" but that's not how I thought at 6 and not how I think at 36. Also, if I started hitting people it wouldn't have made the physical thing go away anyway. Once it went away the teasing went away. BC, no one is speaking down to you, it appears that you've analyzed your situation a lot. You need to realize that not every situation fits the way that you've analyzed yours.

heart on fire

At seven, I was skinny, constantly sick with ear-nose-throat, little mass of allergies and lost-in-a-daydream-disassociation little girl. Kickin' ass just wasn't likely to happen. I barely made it to school and turn in my assignments.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I didn't really get teased until middle school, but I think kicking ass would have been a terrible idea in my case. terrible. for one thing, there were only 2 other girls in my class of 15 kids, and that was it for the whole middle school (very small private school). It was the boys who tormented me, and it was almost all of them.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

heart on fire

Age nine was when it started from other children for me, but I had signifigant teacher verbal harassment from age eight.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I could have, I was stronger than every girl in my class. I'm just not like that. Even having the ability doesn't mean that it will happen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Me neither, Aurel. Plus, if I had tried I think it would have been hilarious to all, and another reason to torment me.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Where do you get this from?

Do you even understand that people are discussing two different issues here? One is one-on-one bullying and the other is group mobbing?
    Difference between mobbing and one vs one = you have more opponents. Having more opponents only changes the game if you have to defeat every single opponent...

heart on fire

Difference between mobbing and one vs one = you have more opponents. Having more opponents only changes the game if you have to defeat every single opponent...
    How many children are capable of engaging in daily mind games and strategy like this?