User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Default My top job skill? How about staying alive...

I worked one of the top 5 most dangerous jobs: America's-Most-Dangerous-Jobs: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Interestingly, things like law enforcement that you'd think would be dangerous never seem to make the cut on these lists. My dad worked in the field for many years, and was burned in 3 fires, nearly had his thumb torn off, and had his leg broken so badly that the foot was pointing 180 degrees in the wrong direction...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    I worked one of the top 5 most dangerous jobs: America's-Most-Dangerous-Jobs: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Interestingly, things like law enforcement that you'd think would be dangerous never seem to make the cut on these lists. My dad worked in the field for many years, and was burned in 3 fires, nearly had his thumb torn off, and had his leg broken so badly that the foot was pointing 180 degrees in the wrong direction...
    are you willing to tell us what field you were in???

but man let me tell you, that math tutoring that I used to do was *dangerous* Ok, just kidding

sammy

Yeah, you got my curiosity riled up. Which job did you do?

...while administrative-support duties (couriers and stockers) claimed the most working women.
    Hmm.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Yeah, you got my curiosity riled up. Which job did you do?

Hmm.
    I think that prostitution definitely claims the most women, but I guess they don't count that on their official Forbes report.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think that prostitution definitely claims the most women, but I guess they don't count that on their official Forbes report.
    Yeah, I don't think that statistic follows things you can't put on your resume.

Though, maybe McDonalds might still hire someone with 10 years prostitution experience? One would think they would be used to the grease
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INxj
    Enneagram
    4w5

They don't consider being in the military a job in that article, or do they?
    NiFiTeSe
    4w5 so/sp
    I 77% E 23%
    N 85% S 15%
    T 51% F 49%
    J 60% P 40%
    average of many test results combined

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Loxias View Post
    They don't consider being in the military a job in that article, or do they?
    Good point.

Scientists would be up there, but occupational health and safety keep killing our score.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

I'm disappointed that the OP didn't live up to the thread title's Gaius-Baltar-referencing potential. The most dangerous job is clearly being an unintentional double agent of sorts in a war between humans and cylons.
    "There are no answers, only choices."
    -Jennifer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'm disappointed that the OP didn't live up to the thread title's Gaius-Baltar-referencing potential. The most dangerous job is clearly being an unintentional double agent of sorts in a war between humans and cylons.
    Lol.

I was a farmer and rancher for seven summers while I worked my way through college. (From seventh grade up until graduating college.) Actually, now that I think about it, I did get hit in the head with a wooden fencepost so hard it knocked me to the ground once. Other than that (and inhaling toxic herbicide fumes that will probably give me lung cancer in about 10 years) I escaped unscathed.

It is dangerous though. A friend we knew got stuck in a bale stacker and would have been crushed if he'd been about 20 lbs. lighter and a half a foot shorter. (Really, he shouldn't have gotten up there to clear the stacke!) Fortunately, he was so big that the bale stacker couldn't complete its cycle so the second stage of the hydraulics didn't kick in and kill him. Instead, he stood there with his head sticking up out of the bale wagon until his wife came to bring him lunch.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM